A dead linguist
Add Reply
b***@shaw.ca
2018-04-05 22:50:47 UTC
I see over in alt.obituaries that a linguist named Morris Halle
has died at the age of 94.

I gather that he was the head of linguistics at MIT and arranged
a position there for Noam Chomsky. MIT's news release credits
the pair of them for "groundbreaking research" that helped
create modern linguistics.

I don't know enough about the subject to have an opinion, but I thought
this might be of interest in aue.

bill
b***@shaw.ca
2018-04-06 00:08:17 UTC
Post by b***@shaw.ca
I see over in alt.obituaries that a linguist named Morris Halle
has died at the age of 94.
I gather that he was the head of linguistics at MIT and arranged
a position there for Noam Chomsky. MIT's news release credits
the pair of them for "groundbreaking research" that helped
create modern linguistics.
I don't know enough about the subject to have an opinion, but I thought
this might be of interest in aue.
Sorry, folks. I meant to post this to another group -- obviously --
and misfired.

bill