Carlos Carvalho, 47, South African cinematographer -- head-butted by a giraffe during film shoot
2018-05-06 00:45:36 UTC
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/filmmaker-carlos-carvalho-dies-set-giraffe-accident-1108967

Filmmaker Carlos Carvalho Dies After On-Set Giraffe Accident

2:56 PM PDT 5/5/2018
by Katie Kilkenny

The filmmaker was flown to a hospital but succumbed to his injuries, according to the CallaCrew agency.

Filmmaker Carlos Carvalho has died after an encounter with a giraffe during a film shoot in South Africa, the South African crew agency CallaCrew announced on Saturday.

"It is with a very sad heart that we have to announce the passing of Carlos Carvalho, one of our favourite DOP’s," the agency posted on Facebook. "Carlos was filming a feature at Glen Afric and had a fatal run in with a giraffe on set. He was flown to Milpark Hospital but succumbed to his injuries 20:50 last night."

"Our thoughts and condolences go out to Carlo’s family and friends during this very sad time. He will be sorely missed," the post continued.

The South African filmmaker was known for his cinematography work on 2013's The Forgotten Kingdom, for which he won the best cinematography prize at the African Movie Academy Awards. Carvalho also was the cinematographer for the 2010 documentary Mining for Change: A Story of South African Mining.
Kenny McCormack
2018-05-06 05:54:05 UTC
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/filmmaker-carlos-carvalho-dies-set-giraffe-accident-1108967
Filmmaker Carlos Carvalho Dies After On-Set Giraffe Accident
2:56 PM PDT 5/5/2018
by Katie Kilkenny
What happened to the giraffe?
http://user.xmission.com/~gazelle/Sigs/Rorschach
A Friend
2018-05-06 11:08:27 UTC
Post by Kenny McCormack
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/filmmaker-carlos-carvalho-dies-set-gi
raffe-accident-1108967
Filmmaker Carlos Carvalho Dies After On-Set Giraffe Accident
2:56 PM PDT 5/5/2018
by Katie Kilkenny
What happened to the giraffe?
Apparently he's fine. From The Telegraph:

"Carlos Carvalho was working on a feature film when a bull giraffe
named Gerald swung its head at him at the Glen Africa Country Lodge in
the North West Province on Wednesday night.

"The 47-year-old father-of-two was flown by helicopter to hospital in
Johannesburg, where he later died from his head injuries.

"'When Carlos was standing in front of the giraffe, the animal spread
its legs, bent its neck and swung its head at Carlos,' said Richard
Brooker, whose family owns the lodge.

"'Gerald will remain at the lodge. He did nothing wrong,' Mr Brooker
said."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/05/south-african-filmmaker-kill
ed-giraffe-safari-lodge-accident/
Kenny McCormack
2018-05-06 11:37:01 UTC
Post by Kenny McCormack
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/filmmaker-carlos-carvalho-dies-set-gi
raffe-accident-1108967
Filmmaker Carlos Carvalho Dies After On-Set Giraffe Accident
2:56 PM PDT 5/5/2018
by Katie Kilkenny
What happened to the giraffe?
"Carlos Carvalho was working on a feature film when a bull giraffe
named Gerald swung its head at him at the Glen Africa Country Lodge in
the North West Province on Wednesday night.
Good to hear. Thanks.
--
He continues to assert that 2 plus 2 equals 4, despite being repeatedly
told otherwise.
c***@aol.com
2018-05-06 12:01:40 UTC
This is the hilarious story of the day.
That Derek
2018-05-06 15:36:19 UTC
Gerard the giraffe? Gerry?

Perhaps "Gerry the Giraffe" got a job as a movie extra ever since the announcement of the Toys 'R' Us bankruptcy.
Kenny McCormack
2018-05-06 17:39:09 UTC
Gerard the giraffe? Gerry?
Perhaps "Gerry the Giraffe" got a job as a movie extra ever since the
announcement of the Toys 'R' Us bankruptcy.
That would be Geoffrey.
--
First of all, I do not appreciate your playing stupid here at all.

- Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn -
That Derek
2018-05-06 21:29:40 UTC
A rabbi, a sumo wrestler and a giraffe walk into a bar.

The rabbi orders a Shirley Temple. The bartender responds, "Oh, I see. You're a RABBI, and you want a Shirley TEMPLE!" The bartender gets the rabbi his drink.

The sumo wrestler asks for an Alabama Slammer. The bartender exclaims, "Oh, that makes sense, too. You're a WRESTLER and you want an Alabama SLAMMER!"

Finally the bartender gets to the giraffe, who orders a Long Island Iced Tea. The bartender quizzically responds, "I don't get the connection."

The giraffe responds "Haven't you ever heard of Great Neck!"