Kirk Jones, Niagara fall survivor, tries it again
J.D. Baldwin
2017-06-16 14:55:28 UTC
http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/06/niagara_falls_first_unaided_survivor_found_dead_downriver_14_years_later.html

Kirk Jones, who survived historic Niagara Falls plunge, dies in return
14 years later

Updated on June 15, 2017 at 5:21 PM Posted on June 15, 2017 at 4:04 PM
BY JOHN O'BRIEN

NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. -- In 2003, Kirk R. Jones became the first
person to survive going over Niagara Falls without protection.

Two weeks ago, Jones' body was found downriver from the falls
after he apparently tried again, according to police.

Jones, then 40, became the first person in recorded history on
Oct. 20, 2003, to survive a plunge into the falls without being
inside a barrel or other device. He was wearing only his clothes
that day.

His body was discovered June 2 in the Niagara River, at the mouth
of Lake Ontario, said Det. Sgt. Brian Nisbet of the New York State
Park Police. The location is about 12 miles from the falls.

"That's the guy,'' Nisbet said when asked whether it was the same
man who'd survived the falls 14 years ago.

It appears Jones had gone over the falls again, Nisbet said.

The U.S. Coast Guard discovered Jones' body in the Niagara River
in the village of Youngstown, Nisbet said.

[...]
j***@gmail.com
2017-06-18 23:01:42 UTC
Post by J.D. Baldwin
[...]
hey I knew him here springhill,fl. all that time he never brought the previous attempt up in our visits all a big surprise, wow what a dumbass