Neil Chayet, 78, Boston news radio personality (WBZ's "Looking at the Law")
2017-08-12 22:59:36 UTC
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/08/12/neil-chayet-looking-at-the-law-death/

Longtime WBZ Personality Neil Chayet Dies At 78

August 12, 2017 2:22 PM

BOSTON (CBS) – Longtime WBZ personality Neil Chayet has died at 78 years old.

Chayet was the voice behind the popular Looking at the Law segment. Heard on WBZ NewsRadio 1030, the segment featured Chayet’s signature words “This is Neil Chayet – Looking at the Law!”

After 42 years on air, Chayet retired in June. He recorded more than 10,000 episodes of Looking at the Law during his career.

Chayet announced at the time of his retirement that he would be receiving treatment for an aggressive form of cancer.

WBZ Director of News & Programming Peter Casey said Chayet was a “treasured member of our WBZ family for decades.”

“He and his wife, Martha Chayet, were wonderful friends to me for many years. Neil touched so people with his work on the radio through Looking at the Law, and with his countless hours of work helping people through his advocacy for community health centers,” said Casey.

“His life was his family, friends, and helping others resolve either legal or personal problems. He would probably want all of his listeners to think of one of their favorite Looking at the Law puns and smile.”

Funeral services will be held at Temple Emanu-El in Marblehead on Tuesday at 10 a.m.
danny burstein
2017-08-12 23:14:09 UTC
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/08/12/neil-chayet-looking-at-the-law-death/
Longtime WBZ Personality Neil Chayet Dies At 78
- was also carried on WCBS Newsradui 880 in NYC
***@panix.com
2017-08-13 01:58:00 UTC
Post by danny burstein
Post by That Derek
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/08/12/neil-chayet-looking-at-the-law-death/
Longtime WBZ Personality Neil Chayet Dies At 78
- was also carried on WCBS Newsradui 880 in NYC
Well do I remember his "looking at the law" voice.