bus crash in _Canada_ kills... a dozen Hockey players (
danny burstein
2018-04-07 12:10:27 UTC
No, not an April Fools joke.

[CBC]

'You are in Saskatchewan's hearts':14 confirmed dead in junior hockey team bus
crash

Semi-trailer collided with passenger bus about 30 kilometres north of Tisdale,
Sask.
====
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/nipawin-humboldt-bus-crash-1.4609554

***@panix.com
2018-04-07 13:40:39 UTC
A dozen? Like eggs or donuts? Do people come in dozens?
Anglo.Saxon
2018-04-08 03:00:45 UTC
Post by c***@aol.com
A dozen? Like eggs or donuts? Do people come in dozens?
Very good point. Black humor. I come from newspapers and it's been
depressing to watch how little it matters any more; this is catastrophe in
every sense of the word and the hed must reflect that. Yeah, right. Who am I
kidding. There is something about you that gets it.
Jason
2018-04-08 12:42:50 UTC
Post by Anglo.Saxon
Post by c***@aol.com
A dozen? Like eggs or donuts? Do people come in dozens?
Very good point. Black humor. I come from newspapers and it's been
depressing to watch how little it matters any more; this is catastrophe in
every sense of the word and the hed must reflect that. Yeah, right. Who am I
kidding. There is something about you that gets it.
Yesterday morning I tuned in to my local news and cringed when I saw the caption "Kid Killed" under a photo of an car crash where a child died and 3 other children were in critical, unstable condition. Of course, the newscast quickly moved on to more pressing stories, such as National Beer Day and celebrity baby-bumps.