[forwarding] HBO documentary to feature celebrities over 90 (fwd)
danny burstein
2017-04-07 01:38:17 UTC
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: HBO documentary to feature celebrities over 90
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2017 20:10:51 -0400
"IF YOU'RE NOT IN THE OBIT, EAT BREAKFAST," A CELEBRATION OF VITALITY
AFTER AGE 90 HOSTED BY CARL REINER, DEBUTS JUNE 5, EXCLUSIVELY ON HBO

Film Features Tony Bennett, Mel Brooks, Kirk Douglas, Norman Lear,
Stan Lee, Jerry Seinfeld, Dick Van Dyke And Betty White, Among Others

"Every morning before having breakfast, I pick up my newspaper, get
the obituary section, and see if I'm listed," says comedy legend Carl
Reiner. "If I'm not, I'll have my breakfast." The 95-year-old wonders
why some of his friends died years ago, while others are still
thriving, asking, "Was it luck, genes, modern medicine or are we doing
something right?"

Debuting MONDAY, JUNE 5 (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET/PT) on HBO, IF YOU'RE NOT
IN THE OBIT, EAT BREAKFAST celebrates the art of enjoying life after
age 90, aided by a good dose of humor. Reiner's nephew, George Shapiro
("Seinfeld"), produces and Danny Gold directs.

The documentary will also be available on HBO NOW, HBO GO, HBO On
Demand and affiliate portals.

In this heartwarming documentary, host Carl Reiner tracks down such
celebrated nonagenarians and centenarians as: Mel Brooks, 90, Dick Van
Dyke, 91, Kirk Douglas, 100, Norman Lear, 94, and Betty White, 95, who
show that the later years can truly be the happiest and most
rewarding. The film's opening title song, "The Best Is Yet to Come,"
is performed by Tony Bennett, 90, and the original song "Just Getting
Started," is co-written and performed by Alan Bergman, 90.

Showbiz icons Brooks, Lear and Reiner reminisce about their history
together as friends and collaborators. All three still have active
careers: Reiner has published several books since turning 90, with the
latest, "Too Busy to Die," scheduled for this spring; Brooks performs
all over the country and Lear continues to executive produce new TV
series.

Reiner also visits Dick Van Dyke, whom he describes as "the most agile
human being I've ever seen in my life." Van Dyke recounts that after
being asked to write a book about aging, he joked that his advice
would be very short: keep moving.

Others featured include comic book writer and publisher Stan Lee, the
former president of Marvel, who's still writing, producing and making
cameo appearances in hit films at 94; Patricia Morison, 101, an
actress and singer, who observes, "Life is the main gift that we have,
and if you're still here, eat it up"; actress Betty White, 95, who
published her most recent book at age 89; and fashion icon Iris Apfel,
95. Actor Kirk Douglas, 100, chats with Reiner about the stroke that
left him unable to speak and the subsequent one-man show he undertook,
with his wife's encouragement, to prove he could still function.
c***@aol.com
2017-04-07 03:35:41 UTC
Jerry Seinfeld is over 90?
RH Draney
2017-04-07 06:08:43 UTC
Post by c***@aol.com
Jerry Seinfeld is over 90?
What is the deal with that?...r
j***@gmail.com
2017-04-07 15:52:44 UTC
I wonder if they'll mention Norman Lloyd...