Ron Savage dead at 63
2017-02-26 20:20:19 UTC
Fox News reports their Detroit affiliate weekend anchor
collapsed and died while training with a volunteer fire
department for a charity stair climb,he was 63.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/fox-2-detroit-anchor-and-reporter-ron-savage-dies-suddenly.html

J.D. Baldwin
2017-02-26 21:59:02 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Fox News reports their Detroit affiliate weekend anchor
collapsed and died while training with a volunteer fire
department for a charity stair climb,he was 63.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/fox-2-detroit-anchor-and-reporter-ron-savage-dies-suddenly.html
Heart attack is the most common line-of-duty death for firefighters,
by a wide margin.
danny burstein
2017-02-26 22:29:03 UTC
Post by J.D. Baldwin
Post by Louis Epstein
Fox News reports their Detroit affiliate weekend anchor
collapsed and died while training with a volunteer fire
department for a charity stair climb,he was 63.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/fox-2-detroit-anchor-and-reporter-ron-savage-dies-suddenly.html
Heart attack is the most common line-of-duty death for firefighters,
by a wide margin.
ummmmmmm.....
***@panix.com
Sarah Ehrett
2017-02-27 01:56:50 UTC
On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 21:59:02 +0000 (UTC),
Post by J.D. Baldwin
Post by Louis Epstein
Fox News reports their Detroit affiliate weekend anchor
collapsed and died while training with a volunteer fire
department for a charity stair climb,he was 63.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/fox-2-detroit-anchor-and-reporter-ron-savage-dies-suddenly.html
Heart attack is the most common line-of-duty death for firefighters,
by a wide margin.
That and lung disease although in the past 30 years fire protection
equipment has improve to the extent where fire fighters now rarely die
at a young age from long term exposure to smoke.
Louis Epstein
2017-02-27 04:22:37 UTC
Post by J.D. Baldwin
Post by Louis Epstein
Fox News reports their Detroit affiliate weekend anchor
collapsed and died while training with a volunteer fire
department for a charity stair climb,he was 63.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/fox-2-detroit-anchor-and-reporter-ron-savage-dies-suddenly.html
Heart attack is the most common line-of-duty death for firefighters,
by a wide margin.
That and lung disease although in the past 30 years fire protection
equipment has improve to the extent where fire fighters now rarely die
at a young age from long term exposure to smoke.
He didn't die at a fire,he died in a training session for the stair climb.

Sarah Ehrett
2017-02-27 05:06:41 UTC
Post by J.D. Baldwin
Post by Louis Epstein
Fox News reports their Detroit affiliate weekend anchor
collapsed and died while training with a volunteer fire
department for a charity stair climb,he was 63.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/fox-2-detroit-anchor-and-reporter-ron-savage-dies-suddenly.html
Heart attack is the most common line-of-duty death for firefighters,
by a wide margin.
That and lung disease although in the past 30 years fire protection
equipment has improve to the extent where fire fighters now rarely die
at a young age from long term exposure to smoke.
He didn't die at a fire,he died in a training session for the stair climb.
I know that, Louis. I was adding to JD's comment on the most common
line-of-duty death for firefighters.
J.D. Baldwin
2017-02-27 14:35:19 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Sarah Ehrett
Post by J.D. Baldwin
Heart attack is the most common line-of-duty death for
firefighters, by a wide margin.
That and lung disease although in the past 30 years fire
protection equipment has improve to the extent where fire fighters
now rarely die at a young age from long term exposure to smoke.
He didn't die at a fire,he died in a training session for the stair climb.
Dying in training is "line-of-duty" death. (Dying of lung disease or
other occupational disease is job-related, but not line-of-duty.)
2017-02-27 16:09:52 UTC
Post by J.D. Baldwin
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Sarah Ehrett
Post by J.D. Baldwin
Heart attack is the most common line-of-duty death for
firefighters, by a wide margin.
That and lung disease although in the past 30 years fire
protection equipment has improve to the extent where fire fighters
now rarely die at a young age from long term exposure to smoke.
He didn't die at a fire,he died in a training session for the stair climb.
Dying in training is "line-of-duty" death. (Dying of lung disease or
other occupational disease is job-related, but not line-of-duty.)
Determining, I suppose, how many of the horse's hooves are on the ground
when they erect a statue of the deceased?...r
Sarah Ehrett
2017-02-27 16:55:29 UTC
On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 14:35:19 +0000 (UTC),
Post by J.D. Baldwin
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by Sarah Ehrett
Post by J.D. Baldwin
Heart attack is the most common line-of-duty death for
firefighters, by a wide margin.
That and lung disease although in the past 30 years fire
protection equipment has improve to the extent where fire fighters
now rarely die at a young age from long term exposure to smoke.
He didn't die at a fire,he died in a training session for the stair climb.
Dying in training is "line-of-duty" death. (Dying of lung disease or
other occupational disease is job-related, but not line-of-duty.)
Yes of course, you are correct. My sincere apologies for the bad
information.