Barbara Sinatra, 90, wife of Zeppo, and eventually Francis Albert
Bryan Styble
2017-07-25 19:48:34 UTC
Though not a fully-recognized source per se, Wikipedia editors today are listing her demise in their 2017 Notable Deaths roster as having occurred earlier today.

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
Bryan Styble
2017-07-25 23:02:31 UTC
While it's hardly surprising that Zeppo Marx and Sinatra would each gravitate to a onetime successful model, who might have suspected she once worked for Mr. Blackwell himself?

STYBLE/Florida
c***@aol.com
2017-07-26 02:44:34 UTC
She was the widow of Frank. That's the headline. No one knows who the fuck Zeppo is.
RH Draney
2017-07-26 07:05:11 UTC
Where "No one" = "everyone but you"....r
Bryan Styble
2017-07-26 07:36:58 UTC
The irrepressible "CathyC" uncharacteristically strained credulity whilst retorting to Bryan Styble:

No one knows who the @$#% Zeppo is.

But first, first things first: as I recall, she used her showbiz married name Barbara Marx (even if she didn't legally retain it) for a year or two after she hitched Sinatra, soon enough transitioning to Barbara Sinatra.

Second thing second: No one knows who Zeppo was?!? Never MIND that his unique-single-given-name stage name is rare enough to be hugely memorable by ITSELF--Ringo, Sting, Cher, Slash, Oprah, Bono*--but he ALSO had four parallel showbiz names to reinforce Zeppo in the public's mind: Gummo, Chico, Harpo and Groucho, the last two of which remain to this day downright HOUSEHOLD names across America.

So no, Cathy, all KINDS of (English-speaking) Americans know who precisely who Zeppo was, even without his Marx!

What is BIZARRE is how Wikipedia's 2017 Notable Deaths roster is at this hour--3am ET--describing the late Barbara Sinatra as "American fashion model (Richard Blackwell), showgirl and philanthropist (Eisenhower Medical Center)", mentioning neither how she acquired her final surname, nor employing Blackwell's distinctive stage name!

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
* The Edge wouldn't apply here, of course, because that stage name always PROPERLY includes its definite article, even though nowadays Bono himself often drops it in conversation. That's as opposed to little ol' Yours Truly: during two brief Los Angeles chats with The Edge during the 1980s--the first of which was a late-night** affair which also just happened to feature interaction with that mercurial Nobel laureate with the funny nose, funnier hair and funniest voice whose name I so often forget--I realized that it might be an easy mistake to make (considering how clumsy it can sound to use it), so I DEFINITELY made it a definite point to use his definite article!
** Monday, April 20, 1987 into Tuesday morn, in several locales including poolside at The Sunset Marquis, on the east side of Alta Loma down that steep hill from The Strip.
c***@aol.com
2017-07-26 11:06:06 UTC
I'm talking about in comparison to Sinatra who everyone knows. Duh.
RH Draney
2017-07-26 12:14:41 UTC
Post by c***@aol.com
I'm talking about in comparison to Sinatra who everyone knows. Duh.
It's true...not only do I know who he is, I drove past his office just a
few hours ago:

http://www.sinatrachiropractic.com/

....r
c***@aol.com
2017-07-26 12:22:56 UTC
Lol. Breaking bones the Sinatra way
MiNe109
2017-07-26 15:37:49 UTC
Post by Bryan Styble
Second thing second: No one knows who Zeppo was?!? Never MIND that his unique-single-given-name stage name is rare enough to be hugely memorable by ITSELF--Ringo, Sting, Cher, Slash, Oprah, Bono*--but he ALSO had four parallel showbiz names to reinforce Zeppo in the public's mind: Gummo, Chico, Harpo and Groucho, the last two of which remain to this day downright HOUSEHOLD names across America.
There's an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer titled "The Zeppo"!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0533512/
Adam H. Kerman
2017-07-27 03:08:11 UTC
Yeah, but it stinks.
Louis Epstein
2017-07-26 16:07:41 UTC
Post by Bryan Styble
[...]
It's one of the silly Wiki-rules that being famous for being related
to somebody is not allowed to be mentioned on the Recent Deaths list.
Post by Bryan Styble
BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
2017-07-27 01:42:25 UTC
I favor that rule. I would also favor a rule that restricted it to humans.
Louis Epstein
2017-07-31 00:50:54 UTC
Post by David Carson
Post by Louis Epstein
It's one of the silly Wiki-rules that being famous for being related
to somebody is not allowed to be mentioned on the Recent Deaths list.
I favor that rule. I would also favor a rule that restricted it to humans.
To be clear,it's not the people themselves who are not allowed to be
mentioned,it's their fame by association that can't be cited.