Reverend Clarence W. Whitley
Will Dockery
2015-03-26 14:05:03 UTC
This is interesting, the obituary of my uncle, Reverend Clarence Whitley,
from the Daytona Beach Sunday News-Journal - Nov 26, 1980.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=bPowAAAAIBAJ&sjid=O-AFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1397%2C5413418

Also, I see my mother was listed, "...a sister, Mrs. (Kelly) Dockery, a
frequent visitor from Columbus, Georgia."

And so it goes.
Will Dockery
2017-10-18 18:07:33 UTC
This is interesting, the obituary of my uncle, Reverend Clarence Whitley,
from the Daytona Beach Sunday News-Journal - Nov 26, 1980.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=bPowAAAAIBAJ&sjid=O-AFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1397%2C5413418

My Uncle, Clarence W. Whitley, was a Methodist minister from the 1950s-1980s, toured Florida as Minister of countless churches down there (part of the Methodist system is to send the preachers to different churches every few years, but I don't know all the details), and he was my favorite Uncle in many ways. And so that goes, my memories of Reverend C. W, Whitley could fill a volume or two.

I decided it would be earlier, or better, to cover the Baptist beliefs on Hell, the Methodist view of Hell, the Jewish, and so on, in individual posts.

Uncle Clarence, who would have no problem with "Rev." as a term of endearment, is of course also one of the stars of my new "Apple Montage" poem:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.arts.poetry.comments/9bWNydZMIjI/QrvAIZj1BAAJ

Apple Montage

Sneaking around
with Cousin Jenny,