Questions about the Las Vegas shooting
2017-10-05 20:44:33 UTC
I've been following the story somewhat. I'm sure there may be easy
answers to my questions, and I've simply overlooked them out of
laziness or inattention. That being said, please bear with me.

First question - do they *know* Stephen Paddock was the shooter, and
if so, how do they know? Like, did someone see him firing a gun? I've
heard a lot about cameras and recordings in his room and have seen
some of the video, but the videos I've seen were made prior to the
event and don't implicate him. Is there video where he's seen firing a
gun? Is there a recording in which he talks about what he's going to
do? I realize that he was found in the room from where the shots were
fired, they were his guns, and there wasn't anyone else, and yes,
that's a lot, but is that how we *know* he was the shooter, or is
there more?

"He sent money to his girlfriend in the Philippines." OK, yeah, that
doesn't prove anything, in and of itself.

Second question - do they *know* he committed suicide, and if so, how?
Again, the full argument that I've heard so far is that "He was dead
when the police found him, and there wasn't anyone else." On most
days, that would be called apparent suicide, and there would be an
investigation before any conclusions were made.

At the risk of being mocked, yes, I'm serious, and no, I don't have an
agenda. I'm not trying to open up a conspiracy. I don't really doubt
that he was the shooter and that he committed suicide. I don't have an
alternate theory to peddle. I would just like to know what the
evidence is, other than the circumstantial evidence I've already seen.
Terry del Fuego
2017-10-06 23:13:04 UTC
Post by David Carson
First question - do they *know* Stephen Paddock was the shooter, and
if so, how do they know? Like, did someone see him firing a gun?
Not sure this is 100% confirmation, but it was new information to me.
<http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/06/us/las-vegas-shooting-investigation/index.html>