Body left to rot in funeral home 3 years leads to charges - Democrats pay your debts!
Add Reply
Bradley K. Shirman
2018-08-30 13:46:59 UTC
COLUMBIA, S.C. – Two South Carolina funeral home workers have
been indicted after authorities say they left a body to rot in
an unrefrigerated room surrounded by air-fresheners for nearly
three years because the woman's family owed them money.

Lawrence Robert Meadows and Roderick Mitchell Cummings, both 40,
were charged Friday by a state grand jury with desecration of
human remains. A conviction on the charge carries a sentence of
one to 10 years in prison.

They were supposed to cremate 63-year-old Mary Alice Pitts Moore
after her funeral in Greenwood in March 2015, but instead left
her remains in a locked room under blankets and "surrounded by
fragrant items," and even moved her body from one funeral home
to another 65 miles (105 kilometers) away, according to a
lawsuit filed by Moore's family.

Moore's remains were so badly decomposed when found in February
at First Family Funeral Home in Spartanburg it took two weeks of
reviewing medical records to confirm her identity, Spartanburg
County Coroner Rusty Clevenger said.

Cummings and Meadows kept the body because Moore's family didn't
pay their entire bill, according to arrest warrants from the
State Law Enforcement Division.

The state Board of Funeral Service revoked the license of First
Family Funeral Home earlier this month after complaints from
Moore's family and others.

Meadows lost his funeral director's license in April 2015 in an
unrelated matter after he forged the signature and other
information on a life insurance document when the person with
control of the policy refused to use it to pay for funeral
services, according to state records.

Cummings has never had a funeral license in South Carolina,
according to documents.

Meadows' lawyer, state Sen. Scott Talley, didn't return a phone
message Monday. Court records indicate Cummins is acting as his
own lawyer and calls to a listing for his home went unanswered.

Moore's family held a Celebration of Life service where her body
was viewed shortly after her March 26, 2015, death. Her remains
were then supposed to be cremated and returned to the family.

The Post and Courier of Charleston reported on Moore as part of
a June series detailing poor oversight of funeral homes around
the state.

Moore's husband, Fred Parker Jr., said another funeral home went
ahead and cremated his wife's body. Her ashes sit in an urn in
his Greenwood home beside a tiny portrait taken from her
driver's license — it's the only photo he has.

"Three years," Parker said to the newspaper in a low growl,
slowly drawing out the words. "How would you feel? It gets worse
every day just thinking about it."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/27/body-left-to-rot-in-funeral-
home-3-years-leads-to-
charges.html?intcmp=ob_article_sidebar_video&intcmp=obnetwork
d***@gmail.com
2018-08-30 16:40:21 UTC
Unless the laws have changed, last time this occurred, the funeral got a glorified littering citation.
Byker
2018-08-30 21:12:45 UTC

Nigs, of course: https://tinyurl.com/yb6mzstp
Sarah Ehrett
2018-08-30 22:09:03 UTC
On Thu, 30 Aug 2018 16:12:45 -0500, "Byker" <***@do~rag.net> wrote:

>"Bradley K. Shirman" wrote in message
>>
>> COLUMBIA, S.C. – Two South Carolina funeral home workers have been
>> indicted after authorities say they left a body to rot in an
>> unrefrigerated room surrounded by air-fresheners for nearly three years
>> because the woman's family owed them money.
>>
>> Lawrence Robert Meadows and Roderick Mitchell Cummings, both 40, were
>> charged Friday by a state grand jury with desecration of human remains. A
>> conviction on the charge carries a sentence of one to 10 years in prison.

Sometimes it's not a great idea to read AO before you sit down to
dinner.
Alfalfa Bill
2018-08-30 22:47:14 UTC

Yeah, the Republican comments before you were disgusting, but they are just the work of trolls so don't take them seriously.
Kenny McCormack
2018-08-30 23:49:45 UTC
In article <d0e10fef-ec85-4b41-befc-***@googlegroups.com>,
Alfalfa Bill <***@aol.com> wrote:
>On Thursday, August 30, 2018 at 5:09:00 PM UTC-5, Sarah Ehrett wrote:
>> On Thu, 30 Aug 2018 16:12:45 -0500, "Byker" <***@do~rag.net> wrote:
>>
>> >"Bradley K. Shirman" wrote in message

>> Sometimes it's not a great idea to read AO before you sit down to
>> dinner.
>

>Yeah, the Republican comments before you were disgusting, but they are
>just the work of trolls so don't take them seriously.

Yeah.

And people complain tha *I* politicize things...

The thread title on this thread takes the cake for stupidest of the year.

--
Christianity is not a religion.

- Rick C Hodgin -
Louis Epstein
2018-08-31 03:12:25 UTC
In alt.obituaries Bradley K. Shirman <***@cnn.com> wrote:
> COLUMBIA, S.C. ? Two South Carolina funeral home workers have
> been indicted after authorities say they left a body to rot in
> an unrefrigerated room surrounded by air-fresheners for nearly
> three years because the woman's family owed them money.
>
> Lawrence Robert Meadows and Roderick Mitchell Cummings, both 40,
> were charged Friday by a state grand jury with desecration of
> human remains. A conviction on the charge carries a sentence of
> one to 10 years in prison.
>
> They were supposed to cremate 63-year-old Mary Alice Pitts Moore
> after her funeral in Greenwood in March 2015, but instead left
> her remains in a locked room under blankets and "surrounded by
> fragrant items," and even moved her body from one funeral home
> to another 65 miles (105 kilometers) away, according to a
> lawsuit filed by Moore's family.
>
> Moore's remains were so badly decomposed when found in February
> at First Family Funeral Home in Spartanburg it took two weeks of
> reviewing medical records to confirm her identity, Spartanburg
> County Coroner Rusty Clevenger said.

> Moore's family held a Celebration of Life service where her body
> was viewed shortly after her March 26, 2015, death. Her remains
> were then supposed to be cremated and returned to the family.
>

> Moore's husband, Fred Parker Jr., said another funeral home went
> ahead and cremated his wife's body. Her ashes sit in an urn in
> his Greenwood home beside a tiny portrait taken from her
> driver's license ? it's the only photo he has.
>
> "Three years," Parker said to the newspaper in a low growl,
> slowly drawing out the words. "How would you feel? It gets worse
> every day just thinking about it."
>
> http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/27/body-left-to-rot-in-funeral-
> home-3-years-leads-to-
> charges.html?intcmp=ob_article_sidebar_video&intcmp=obnetwork

So...cremation vs. decomposition...the rapid destruction is not
"desecration",the slow destruction is?

Sorta like the guy who infiltrated Alcor to "save" Ted Williams
from being preserved...