Larry Larsen, Mouseketeer, 78
2018-07-01 23:47:03 UTC
He was the oldest 1950s Mouseketeer. He was 16 when he joined the cast in
the show's second season.

http://obituaries.the-journal.com/obituaries/the-journal/obituary.aspx?n=larry-lynn-larsen&pid=189168816
Larry Lynn Larsen, a resident of Cortez since 1988, passed away Wednesday,
May 30, at 12:15 a.m. at Mercy Medical Center in Durango where he was an
I.C.U. patient for about one week. He died from multiple internal organ
failure, after removal of life support systems, as was his wish.

Larry led a very complex and satisfying life. Born in Houston, Texas,
September 3, 1939, he grew up in Houston; Winnetka, Illinois; Albuquerque,
New Mexico; and Pasadena, California before moving to Cortez at retirement
where he had his beloved ten acre alfalfa farm.

Larry began his adult career with a "bang" as one of the original
"Mouseketeers" on the Walt Disney Mickey Mouse Club television series.
This followed with several TV and movie appearances while beginning his
education as a mechanical engineer. He transferred to New Mexico State
University at Las Cruces, New Mexico where he earned his Bachelor of
Science degree. He began working for North American Rocketdyne in
California, assigned to the NASA project which developed the first
"Gemini" space capsule. Upon completion, he transferred to the Los Angeles
Air Pollution District as an emissions-pollution control expert. He then
worked with KVB Engineering as an emissions monitor, partly on the Four
Corners Power Plant in Farmington, New Mexico. He then returned to school
at M.I.T. and California where he completed his Master's Degree in
Engineering.

Larry became acquainted with the Colorado Plateau area and decided to
move for retirement over twenty years ago. He loved to explore various
Anasazi ruins and the "goosenecks" of the San Juan River on raft float
trips. His home included ten acres of alfalfa pasture, which became his
pride and joy. He improved his irrigation district water links and
irrigation system. A few years ago he developed kidney and internal organ
problems, which led to five hospital admissions, the last at Mercy Medical
Center in Durango.

Larry transitioned from TV-Movie child actor to mechanical engineer to
irrigated hay farmer and local woodworker's guild member, dance studio
participant, tai-chi student, and friend to many long-time locals. A very
diverse life, but he loved it all.

Memorial visitation will be held at Ertel Funeral Home in Cortez from 4 -
6 p.m., Friday, June 8. Services are being handled through Ertel Funeral
Home. To send condolences or to view the full obituary, log on to
www.ertelfuneralhome.com and click on the obituary section.

Published in The Journal on June 5, 2018
--
Dead or Alive Data Base
http://www.doadb.com
A Friend
2018-07-01 23:56:51 UTC
In article <phbp5l$iq$***@gioia.aioe.org>, David Carson
<***@neosoft.com> wrote:

> He was the oldest 1950s Mouseketeer. He was 16 when he joined the cast in
> the show's second season.
>

> http://obituaries.the-journal.com/obituaries/the-journal/obituary.aspx?n=larry-
> lynn-larsen&pid=189168816
> Larry Lynn Larsen, a resident of Cortez since 1988, passed away Wednesday,
> May 30, at 12:15 a.m. at Mercy Medical Center in Durango where he was an
> I.C.U. patient for about one week. He died from multiple internal organ
> failure, after removal of life support systems, as was his wish.
>
> Larry led a very complex and satisfying life. Born in Houston, Texas,
> September 3, 1939, he grew up in Houston; Winnetka, Illinois; Albuquerque,
> New Mexico; and Pasadena, California before moving to Cortez at retirement
> where he had his beloved ten acre alfalfa farm.
>
> Larry began his adult career with a "bang" as one of the original
> "Mouseketeers" on the Walt Disney Mickey Mouse Club television series.
> This followed with several TV and movie appearances while beginning his
> education as a mechanical engineer. He transferred to New Mexico State
> University at Las Cruces, New Mexico where he earned his Bachelor of
> Science degree. He began working for North American Rocketdyne in
> California, assigned to the NASA project which developed the first
> "Gemini" space capsule. Upon completion, he transferred to the Los Angeles
> Air Pollution District as an emissions-pollution control expert. He then
> worked with KVB Engineering as an emissions monitor, partly on the Four
> Corners Power Plant in Farmington, New Mexico. He then returned to school
> at M.I.T. and California where he completed his Master's Degree in
> Engineering.
>
> Larry became acquainted with the Colorado Plateau area and decided to
> move for retirement over twenty years ago. He loved to explore various
> Anasazi ruins and the "goosenecks" of the San Juan River on raft float
> trips. His home included ten acres of alfalfa pasture, which became his
> pride and joy. He improved his irrigation district water links and
> irrigation system. A few years ago he developed kidney and internal organ
> problems, which led to five hospital admissions, the last at Mercy Medical
> Center in Durango.
>
> Larry transitioned from TV-Movie child actor to mechanical engineer to
> irrigated hay farmer and local woodworker's guild member, dance studio
> participant, tai-chi student, and friend to many long-time locals. A very
> diverse life, but he loved it all.
>
> Memorial visitation will be held at Ertel Funeral Home in Cortez from 4 -
> 6 p.m., Friday, June 8. Services are being handled through Ertel Funeral
> Home. To send condolences or to view the full obituary, log on to
> www.ertelfuneralhome.com and click on the obituary section.
>
> Published in The Journal on June 5, 2018

Here's a page about him, with a pic.

http://www.originalmmc.com/larry.html

I don't recognize him at all.
That Derek
2018-07-02 02:43:07 UTC
>> Larry Larsen, Mouseketeer, 78

Professor Carson:

Don't you know the drill by now? Whenever a Mouseketeer dies, you're supposed to include "Now it's time to say 'good-bye'" somewhere in the header. ... :)

This feller's middle name was "Lynn." Looks like 2018 is turning out to be a bad year for second-tier male Mouseketeers named "Lynn," as we've already lost Lynn Ready earlier this calendar year.

C you real soon.