When was Ralph "Papa" Thorson killed?
d***@comcast.net
2006-02-21 02:09:07 UTC
Why can I find nothing on the web about Ralph "Papa" Thorson getting
killed by a car bomb? (Supposedly happened in the '80's or early '90's)
Steve McQueen played him in "The Hunted". You'd think there'd be a news
story or article about it somewhere!
Brad Ferguson
2006-02-21 02:33:56 UTC
Post by d***@comcast.net
Why can I find nothing on the web about Ralph "Papa" Thorson getting
killed by a car bomb? (Supposedly happened in the '80's or early '90's)
Steve McQueen played him in "The Hunted". You'd think there'd be a news
story or article about it somewhere!
There's plenty of stuff out there; search on "QD Reese."

Thorson was killed by a car bomb in 1994 planted by someone he was
pursuing, a fugitive named Q.D. Reese, who then tried to kill Thorson's
wife Dottie and daughter Brandi. Dottie and Brandi became bounty
hunters themselves after Thorson died. Reese kept pursuing the Thorson
women and wound up being shot by Brandi. (Reese survived and got life
in prison.) There's a flick called "The Huntress," taken from Dottie's
ghosted book about all this, with Annette O'Toole as Dottie.
d***@comcast.net
2006-02-21 04:08:43 UTC
There's a flick called "The Huntress," taken from Dottie's
ghosted book about all this, with Annette O'Toole as Dottie.

Thanks, Brad. I just saw "The Huntress', that's why I was curious.
There's more info about the movie than about Thorson himself!
d***@comcast.net
2006-02-23 21:57:34 UTC
I 'm starting to think that the car bomb story is a hoax, & Thorson
died of natural causes (SSDI shows he died in Nov., 1991, at 65)

The only source for the car bomb story is Christopher Keane's book "The
Huntress", & he admits in his forward he "changed facts around" &
created composite characters. He even says "Q.D. Reese" isn't the name
of Thorson's killer. If the guy's been convicted & is in jail, why make
up a name? I think that Keane pulled a James Frey 10 years earlier!