Judy Butala, PR exec. and event planner; once married to a member of the Lettermen
d***@comcast.net
2006-10-17 02:21:17 UTC
Judy Butala
PR exec and event planner
By VARIETY STAFFPR

Exec and event planner Judy Butala died Oct. 10 in Napa, Calif. She was
60.

She was previously married to Tony Butala, singer for The Lettermen.

Butala was executive assistant to actress Connie Stevens. She traveled
with Stevens on a USO tour with Bob Hope to military ships and bases
and to Vietnam as a production coordinator on Connie Stevens'
documentary "A Healing."

She is survived by a son, three daughters, her mother and a sister.

Donations may be made to the Shambala Reserve or the Horse Protection
Society.
d***@comcast.net
2006-10-17 03:01:20 UTC
Her husband Tony Butala recorded a great song called "Long Black
Stockings" in 1959. Think I'll go listen to it now!
Kenny McCormack
2006-10-17 12:41:30 UTC
Post by d***@comcast.net
Judy Butala
PR exec and event planner
By VARIETY STAFFPR
Exec and event planner Judy Butala died Oct. 10 in Napa, Calif. She was
60.
She was previously married to Tony Butala, singer for The Lettermen.
Butala was executive assistant to actress Connie Stevens. She traveled
with Stevens on a USO tour with Bob Hope to military ships and bases
and to Vietnam as a production coordinator on Connie Stevens'
documentary "A Healing."
Check out:

http://www.kfty.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=045E9239-8E11-4954-B5B3-373C64EA12AC

It looks like it is the same person. And, as I had hoped (upon seeing
the name "Butala"), there is a celebrity connection, to Jenna Elfman
(from IMDB):

Niece of singer Tony Butala, who founded and performs with the vocal
group The Lettermen.