Stan and/or Jan Berenstein?
b***@gmail.com
2015-08-12 03:12:28 UTC
It's Berenstein
MJ Emigh
2015-08-12 03:23:14 UTC
I noticed a Berenstein Bears book at a store today, and it brought back a bunch
of childhood memories. It also got me thinking...I could have sworn that
either Stan or Jan Berenstein had died several years ago (say, 10 to 15 years
back). Am I remembering correctly, or am I getting them confused with another
children's author who died in the same time frame?
Erich
Well, yeah.....both dead. But not recently.
R H Draney
2015-08-12 06:27:08 UTC
Post by MJ Emigh
I noticed a Berenstein Bears book at a store today, and it brought
back a bunch of childhood memories. It also got me thinking...I
could have sworn that either Stan or Jan Berenstein had died several
years ago (say, 10 to 15 years back). Am I remembering correctly, or
am I getting them confused with another children's author who died in
the same time frame?
Well, yeah.....both dead. But not recently.
But both still living when Desscribe posted the question in 2001...fifteen
years before that was when PD Eastman died, so maybe that's the other
children's author (s)he was thinking of...or maybe Roald Dahl, who died in
1990....

(And for brandipandamonkey, it's Berenstain...as in "stain on your
tablecloth")....r
g***@gmail.com
tablecloth")....r" NO IT'S NOT! It's BERENSTEIN!
RH Draney
You're suffering from a Mandela effect....r
g***@gmail.com
2018-06-08 20:25:52 UTC
It is Berenstein bears but somewhere along the name changed for some reason. I'm going to ask my daughter and my ex if they have any of the older books spelled the right way instead of the new way so I can get some proof
A Friend
2018-06-08 21:08:01 UTC
Post by g***@gmail.com
It is Berenstein bears but somewhere along the name changed for some reason.
I'm going to ask my daughter and my ex if they have any of the older books
spelled the right way instead of the new way so I can get some proof
It has always been the Berenstain Bears, never "-stein." Also, Stan
and Jan were always named Berenstain. Jan's dead. Stan is still
working on the books.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berenstain_Bears#Name_confusion
Travoltron
2018-06-09 03:16:11 UTC
Post by A Friend
Stan is still
working on the books.
In my universe, Stan and Jan are both dead. You must be from the
Berenstein universe.
A Friend
2018-06-09 11:23:53 UTC
Post by Travoltron
Post by A Friend
Stan is still
working on the books.
In my universe, Stan and Jan are both dead. You must be from the
Berenstein universe.
I guess I am. We're all cross-eyed here and we frequently misread
reference materials. Sorry for the error. Stan died in 2005, Jan in
2012.