Susan Cummings, "It's a Cookbook!", Dead at 86
2017-07-26 11:26:07 UTC
The online Twilight Zone Museum and the Western Boot Hill blog are
reporting that actress Susan Cummings died last December 3 at her Sun
Lakes, AZ home at the age of 86.

Susan appeared in a slew of Stone Age TV programs, particularly PERRY
MASON, but it was her appearance as Lloyd Bochner's assistant Patty on
the 1962 TWILIGHT ZONE episode "To Serve Man" that made her memorable.
Her final line in that episode is "It -- it's a cookbook!"

Susan worked steadily through the 1950s in films (mostly Westerns) and
TV. Her last appearance on TV was on McHALE'S NAVY in 1964. A couple
of small parts in films followed in 1966 and 1974.
Adam H. Kerman
Wow. I loved that episode.
MJ Emigh
2017-07-26 18:06:15 UTC
Susan Cummings

I'm working my way through watching the entire run of "Rawhide" and, in what seems to be a fairly common coincidence, I watched one last week that she was in. I liked her performance and looked her up to see what else she had done. Naturally, the "It's a cookbook!" thing popped right up. I seem to be inadvertently causing the deaths of several minor actors from the 60s.