LIST: Living persons who are 80 or older
David Carson
2017-12-02 02:54:37 UTC
The following 401 living people are all at least 80 years old:
(*) indicates 90 to 99 (81 people on this list)
(!) indicates 100 and over (7 people on this list)

Hank Aaron - baseball player
(*) Julie Adams - actress, "Creature From the Black Lagoon"
Danny Aiello - actor, "Do the Right Thing"
Tenley Albright - figure skater
Alan Alda - actor, "M*A*S*H"
Madeleine Albright - U.S. Secretary of State
Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin - U.S. astronaut
(*) Marty Allen - game show panelist
Woody Allen - film director, "Annie Hall"
Herb Alpert - trumpeter and music executive
(*) Ed Ames - tomahawk-throwing actor
Bill Anders - U.S. astronaut, Apollo 8
(*) John B. Anderson - U.S. presidential candidate
Ursula Andress - actress, "Dr. No"
Julie Andrews - singer/actress, "The Sound of Music"
Luis Aparicio - major-league shortstop
Sergio Aragones - cartoonist, "MAD"
Bill Archer - U.S. Congressman, Texas
Alan Arkin - actor, "Little Miss Sunshine"
Giorgio Armani - fashion designer
Ed Asner - actor, Lou Grant
John Astin - actor, "The Addams Family"
(*) David Attenborough - nature documentary writer/narrator
Burt Bacharach - songwriter, "What the World Needs Now is Love"
F. Lee Bailey - criminal defense attorney
Barbara Bain - actress, "Mission: Impossible"
James Baker III - U.S. cabinet member/White House chief of staff
Joe Don Baker - actor, "Walking Tall"
Tom Baker - actor, "Doctor Who"
Roger Bannister - runner
John Barbour - TV host, "Real People"
Brigitte Bardot - actress/sex kitten
(*) Bob Barker - game show host
Rona Barrett - gossip columnist
Barbara Barrie - actress, "Barney Miller"
Shirley Bassey - singer, "Goldfinger"
Alan Bean - U.S. astronaut
Orson Bean - actor, "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman"
Ned Beatty - actor, "Deliverance"
Warren Beatty - actor, "Heaven Can Wait"
(*) Harry Belafonte - calypso singer
(*) Pope Benedict XVI - Roman Catholic pope
(*) Tony Bennett - singer
Ken Berry - actor, "Mama's Family"
Robert Blake - actor, "Baretta"
Pat Boone - pop singer, "Love Letters in the Sand"
Frank Borman - U.S. astronaut
Bobby Bowden - college football coach, Florida State Seminoles
Wilford Brimley - actor, "Cocoon"
Nicholas Brady - U.S. secretary of treasury
(*) Mel Brooks - director, "Young Frankenstein"
Jim Brown - Hall of Fame football player
Johnny Brown - actor, "Good Times"
Lee P. Brown - mayor of Houston, Texas
Warren Buffett - investor, Berkshire Hathaway
Carol Burnett - actress, "The Carol Burnett Show"
Ellen Burstyn - actress, "Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore"
(*) Barbara Bush - U.S. first lady
(*) George Bush - U.S. president
Dick Button - figure skater
Ruth Buzzi - actress, "Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In"
Edd Byrnes - actor, "77 Sunset Strip"
Michael Caine - actor
(*) Pierre Cardin - fashion designer
Diahann Carroll - actress, "Dynasty"
(*) Jimmy Carter - U.S. president
(*) Rosalynn Carter - U.S. first lady
Dick Cavett - TV host, "The Dick Cavett Show"
Richard Chamberlain - actor, "Dr. Kildare"
(*) Carol Channing - actress
Jacques Chirac - French president
Noam Chomsky - leftist linguist
Jean Chrétien - Canadian prime minister
Benjamin Civiletti - U.S. attorney general
Petula Clark - singer, "Downtown"
Roy Clark - country singer/TV host
(*) Robert Clary - actor, "Hogan's Heroes"
(!) Beverly Cleary - children's author, "The Mouse and the Motorcycle"
Dabney Coleman - actor, "Nine to Five"
Joan Collins - actress, "Dynasty"
Michael Collins - U.S. astronaut
Sean Connery - actor
Robert Conrad - actor, "The Wild Wild West"
Tim Conway - actor, "The Carol Burnett Show"
(*) Roger Corman - film producer
Bill Cosby - actor, "The Cosby Show"
(*) Javier Perez de Cuellar - U.N. secretary-general
Walter Cunningham - U.S. astronaut
(*) Bill Daily - actor, "I Dream of Jeannie"
Vic Damone - singer, "On the Street Where You Live"
Charlie Daniels - fiddler, "The Devil Went Down to Georgia"
Clive Davis - music executive
(*) Doris Day - actress
(!) Olivia De Havilland - actress
Ron Dellums - U.S. Congressman, California
Judi Dench - actress, M
Bruce Dern - actor, "The Cowboys"
Angie Dickinson - actress, "Police Woman"
Annette Dionne - quintuplet
Cecile Dionne - quintuplet
James Dobson - Christian radio host, "Focus on the Family"
(*) Bob Dole - U.S. Senator, Kansas
Elizabeth Dole - U.S. cabinet secretary
Phil Donahue - TV host
Sam Donaldson - White House correspondent
Richard Donner - film director, "Lethal Weapon"
(!) Kirk Douglas - actor
(*) Hugh Downs - TV host
Mort Drucker - cartoonist, "MAD"
Michael Dukakis - U.S. presidential nominee
Charles Duke - U.S. astronaut, Apollo 16
Keir Dullea - actor, "2001: A Space Odysey"
Robert Duvall - actor, "The Godfather"
Clint Eastwood - actor
Barbara Eden - actress, "I Dream of Jeannie"
(*) Edwin Edwards - Louisiana governor
(*) Queen Elizabeth II - British head of state
Harlan Ellison - science-fiction author
Daniel Ellsberg - Watergate figure
Don Everly - pop singer, the Everly Brothers
(*) Nanette Fabray - actress
Jamie Farr - actor, "M*A*S*H"
Louis Farrakhan - activist, Nation of Islam
Jules Feiffer - cartoonist, "The New Yorker"
Dianne Feinstein - U.S. Senator, California
Barbara Feldon - actress, "Get Smart"
Albert Finney - actor, "The Bourne Ultimatum"
(*) Rhonda Fleming - actress, "Gunfight at the O.K. Corral"
Louise Fletcher - actress, "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"
Whitey Ford - Hall of Fame baseball player
Jim Fowler - animal expert, "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom"
A.J. Foyt - auto racer
Pope Francis - Roman Catholic pope
Morgan Freeman - actor, "Driving Miss Daisy"
Bill Gaither - southern gospel singer
Ron Galella - candid celebrity photographer
Jake Garn - U.S. Senator, Utah
Mitzi Gaynor - actress, "Golden Girl"
Marla Gibbs - actress, "The Jeffersons"
Bob Gibson - Hall of Fame baseball player
Mickey Gilley - country singer
(*) Valery Giscard d'Estaing - French president
Ruth Bader Ginsburg - U.S. Supreme Court justice
Mark Goddard - actor, "Lost In Space"
Jane Goodall - chimpanzee researcher
Mikhail Gorbachev - Soviet Secretary General
Berry Gordy - record producer, Motown
Louis Gossett Jr. - actor, "An Officer and a Gentleman"
(*) Billy Graham - evangelist
Bob Graham - U.S. Senator, Florida
(*) Bud Grant - NFL head coach, Minnesota Vikings
(*) Lee Grant - actress, "Shampoo"
(*) Shecky Greene - comedian
(*) Alan Greenspan - US federal reserve chairman
Gene Hackman - actor
Fred Haise - U.S. astronaut, Apollo 13
(*) Ralph Hall - U.S. Congressman, Texas
Tom T. Hall - country singer, "I Love"
James Hampton - actor, "F-Troop"
Jerry Hardin - actor, "The X-Files"
Estelle Harris - actress, "Seinfeld"
Gary Hart - U.S. Senator, Colorado
David Hartman - TV host, "Good Morning America"
Katherine Helmond - actress, "Who's the Boss?"
Buck Henry - actor and screenwriter
Clarence "Frogman" Henry - singer, "Ain't Got No Home"
Whitey Herzog - baseball manager
Judd Hirsch - actor, "Taxi"
Hiro - photographer, "Harper's Bazaar"
Dustin Hoffman - actor, "The Graduate"
(*) Hal Holbrook - actor, "Lincoln"
(*) Ernest Hollings - U.S. Senator, South Carolina
Polly Holliday - actress, "Alice"
Engelbert Humperdinck - singer, "After the Lovin'"
Tab Hunter - actor, "Damn Yankees!"
(*) Lee Iacocca - automobile manufacturer
(*) Al Jaffee - cartoonist, "MAD"
Conrad Janis - actor, "Mork and Mindy"
Arte Johnson - actor, "Laugh-In"
James Earl Jones - actor, "Field of Dreams"
Quncy Jones - jazz producer
Shirley Jones - actress, "The Partridge Family"
Al Kaline - baseball player, Detroit Tigers
Nancy Kassebaum - U.S. Senator, Kansas
Herb Kelleher - chairman, Southwest Airlines
Anthony Kennedy - U.S. Supreme Court justice
(*) Tom Kennedy - game show host, "Password Plus"
Ken Kercheval - actor, "Dallas"
Graham Kerr - The Galloping Gourmet
Don King - boxing promoter
Larry King - TV host
(*) Henry Kissinger - U.S. secretary of state
Walter Koenig - actor, "Star Trek"
Bernie Kopell - actor, "The Love Boat"
Yaphet Kotto - actor, "Live and Let Die"
Sandy Koufax - baseball player
Gene Kranz - NASA flight director
Kreskin - mentalist and TV host
Kris Kristofferson - songwriter/actor, "A Star Is Born"
Marty Krofft - TV producer, "Land of the Lost"
Sid Krofft - TV producer, "Land of the Lost"
Karl Lagerfeld - fashion designer
Mills Lane - boxing referee and TV judge
(*) Angela Lansbury - actress, "Murder, She Wrote"
(*) Lyndon LaRouche - U.S. presidential candidate
Don Larsen - major leaguer, NY Yankees
(*) Tommy Lasorda - major-league manager
Linda Lavin - actress, "Alice"
Carol Lawrence - Broadway singer/actress
Steve Lawrence - singer
(*) Paul Laxalt - U.S. Senator, Nevada
(*) Cloris Leachman - actress, "Phyllis"
(*) Norman Lear - TV producer
(*) Stan Lee - comic book writer, "Spiderman"
Jim Lehrer - TV journalist, "The MacNeil/Lehrer Report"
Tom Lehrer - musical satirist, "Poisoning Pigeons in the Park"
Alexei Leonov - U.S.S.R. cosmonaut
Jerry Lee Lewis - singer, "Great Balls of Fire"
G. Gordon Liddy - Watergate conspirator
Hal Linden - actor, Barney Miller
(*) James Lipton - TV host, "Inside the Actor's Studio"
(!) Norman Lloyd - actor, "St. Elsewhere"
(*) June Lockhart - actress, "Lost In Space"
(*) Gina Lollobrigida - actress
Trini Lopez - singer, "Lemon Tree"
Sophia Loren - actress
Tina Louise - actress, "Gilligan's Island"
Jim Lovell - U.S. astronaut
Richard Lugar - U.S. Senator, Indiana
Loretta Lynn - country singer
Gavin MacLeod - actor, "The Love Boat"
Robert MacNeil - TV journalist, "The MacNeil/Lehrer Report"
(*) Bill Macy - actor, "Maude"
Shirley MacLaine - actress, "Terms of Endearment"
John Madden - football coach and commentator
(*) Dorothy Malone - actress, "Peyton Place"
Robert Mandan - actor, "Soap"
Imelda Marcos - Philippine first lady
(*) Rose Marie - actress/game show panelist
(*) Peter Marshall - game show host, "The Hollywood Squares"
Wink Martindale - game show host
Ken Mattingly - U.S. astronaut, Apollo 16
Jackie Mason - comedian/actor, "The Jerk"
Johnny Mathis - singer, "Misty"
Peter Max - pop artist
Willie Mays - baseball player
John McCain - U.S. Senator, Arizona
Jim McDivitt - U.S. astronaut, Apollo 9
Tommy McDonald - NFL football player, Philadelphia Eagles
Bob McGrath - actor, "Sesame Street"
Drayton McLane - business & sports executive
Larry McMurtry - novelist, "Lonesome Dove"
Edwin Meese - U.S. attorney general
Lee Meriwether - actress, "Barnaby Jones"
Barbara Mikulski - U.S. Senator, Maryland
Vera Miles - actress, "Psycho"
George Mitchell - U.S. Senator, Maine
Walter Mondale - U.S. vice president
Rita Moreno - actress, "West Side Story"
Jaye P. Morgan - game show panelist, "The Gong Show"
Ennio Morricone - film soundtrack composer, "The Mission"
Garrett Morris - actor, "Saturday Night Live"
Bill Moyers - journalist and commentator, PBS
Hosni Mubarak - Egyptian president
Roger Mudd - TV journalist
(*) Robert Mugabe - Zimbabwean president/dictator
Rupert Murdoch - chairman, News Corp
Ralph Nader - consumer activist
(!) Yasuhiro Nakasone - Japanese prime minister
Willie Nelson - country singer
Bob Newhart - actor, "The Bob Newhart Show"
Julie Newmar - actress, "Batman"
Nichelle Nichols - actress, "Star Trek"
Jack Nicholson - actor
Kim Novak - actress, "Vertigo"
Sandra Day O'Connor - U.S. Supreme Court Justice
Paul O'Neill - U.S. secretary of the treasury
Yoko Ono - avant-garde artist
Charles Osgood - news commentator and anchor
Bob Packwood - U.S. Senator, Oregon
Ron Paul - U.S. Congressman, Texas
(!) I.M. Pei - architect
"Little" Richard Penniman - rock 'n' roll pioneer
Ross Perot - presidential candidate
(*) William Perry - U.S. secretary of defense
Richard Petty - auto racer
Regis Philbin - TV host
(*) Prince Philip of the U.K. - British royal family member
T. Boone Pickens - oil industry executive
Gary Player - pro golfer
Christopher Plummer - actor, "The Sound of Music"
Roman Polanski - film director/statutory rapist
Ron Popeil - inventor, Ronco
(*) Sidney Poitier - actor, "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner"
Colin Powell - U.S. Secretary of State
Jane Powell - actress, "Royal Wedding"
Pat Priest - actress, "The Munsters"
David Prowse - actor, "Star Wars"
(*) Charlotte Rae - actress, "The Facts of Life"
James Randi - magician
(*) Joyce Randolph - actress, "The Honeymooners"
Charles Rangel - U.S. congressman, New York
Sally Jessy Raphael - talk show host
Mel Ramos - pin-up artist
Dan Rather - news anchor
Robert Redford - actor, "The Sting"
Vanessa Redgrave - actress, "Julia"
(*) Carl Reiner - actor/director
Burt Reynolds - actor, "Smokey and the Bandit"
Brooks Robinson - Hall of Fame baseball player
Frank Robinson - Hall of Fame baseball player
Juan "Chichi" Rodriguez - golfer
Marion Ross - actress, "Happy Days"
William Ruckelshaus - U.S. justice department official
George Ryan - governor of Illinois
Donald Rumsfeld - U.S. secretary of defense
Bill Russell - basketball player
Mark Russell - political satirist
(*) Eva Marie Saint - actress, "North By Northwest"
Harrison Schmitt - U.S. astronaut, Apollo 17
(*) Red Schoendienst - baseball manager
Charles Schwab - stockbroker
Russell Schweickart - U.S. astronaut, Apollo 9
David Scott - U.S. astronaut
Ridley Scott - film director, "Alien"
Willard Scott - TV personality and clown
(*) Vin Scully - baseball announcer, Los Angeles Dodgers
Bud Selig - baseball commissioner
(*) Doc Severinsen - bandleader, "The Tonight Show"
(*) Gene Shalit - film critic, "The Today Show"
Bob Shane - folk musician, The Kingston Trio
William Shatner - actor, "Star Trek"
(*) Bill Shaw - gospel singer, The Blackwood Brothers
Jack Sheldon - singer and trumpeter, "Conjunction Junction"
Liz Sheridan - actress, "Seinfeld"
Sonny Shroyer - actor, "The Dukes of Hazzard"
Don Shula - NFL football coach
(*) George Shultz - U.S. cabinet secretary
Fred Silverman - television executive
(*) Neil Simon - playwright, "The Odd Couple"
Alan Simpson - U.S. Senator, Wyoming
Maggie Smith - actress, "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie"
Tom Smothers - folk musician/TV host, the Smothers Brothers
Stephen Sondheim - Broadway musical composer
George Soros - currency speculator/political donor
Boris Spassky - chess player
Carroll Spinney - actor, "Sesame Street"
Thomas Stafford - U.S. astronaut
Charles Stanley - Baptist minister
Gloria Steinem - feminist
(*) John Paul Stevens - U.S. supreme court justice
Stella Stevens - actress, "Girls! Girls! Girls!"
(*) Jerry Stiller - actor, "Seinfeld"
Mike Stoller - pop songwriter, "Hound Dog"
(*) Larry Storch - actor, "F-Troop"
Donald Sutherland - actor, "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"
Jimmy Swaggart - Pentecostal evangelist
Inga Swenson - actress, "Benson"
Loretta Swit - actress, "M*A*S*H"
Rip Taylor - comedian, throws confetti
Marlo Thomas - actress, "That Girl"
Richard Thornburgh - U.S. attorney general
Rip Torn - actor, "Dodgeball"
Ken Turner - gospel singer, The Blackwood Brothers
Desmond Tutu - Anglican archbishop
Cicely Tyson - actress, "The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman"
Peter Ueberroth - baseball commissioner
Bob Uecker - baseball announcer and actor
Bobby Unser - auto racer
Frankie Valli - pop singer, The Four Seasons
Mamie Van Doren - actress, "High School Confidential"
(*) Gloria Vanderbilt - fashion designer
(*) Dick Van Dyke - actor
Jerry Van Dyke - actor, "Coach"
Bobby Vinton - singer, "Blue Velvet"
Bill Virdon - major-league manager
(*) Paul Volcker - chairman, U.S. Federal Reserve
(*) Claus von Bulow - acquitted attempted murder defendant
Lyle Waggoner - actor, "The Carol Burnett Show"
Robert Wagner - actor, "Hart to Hart"
(*) Clint Walker - actor, "Cheyenne"
(*) Mort Walker - cartoonist, "Beetle Bailey"
Barbara Walters - TV journalist and host
(*) John Warner - U.S. Senator, Virginia
James Watson - DNA co-discoverer
Lowell Weicker - U.S. Senator, Connecticut
Ruth Westheimer - sex counselor
(*) Betty White - actress
Jim Whittaker - mountain climber
Billy Dee Williams - actor, "The Empire Strikes Back"
John Williams - film score composer, "Star Wars"
Nancy Wilson - jazz singer
Pete Wilson - U.S. Senator, California
Tom Wolfe - author, "The Right Stuff"
Joanne Woodward - actress
Alfred Worden - U.S. astronaut
Jo Anne Worley - performer, "Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In"
(!) Herman Wouk - writer, "The Caine Mutiny"
Bill Wyman - rock bassist, the Rolling Stones
(*) Chuck Yeager - test pilot
John Young - U.S. astronaut

DISCLAIMER: This list is not comprehensive, nor is it intended to be.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION:
Q. Are you sure _________ is alive? I thought he/she died.
A. Yes, I am sure.

David Carson
--
Dead or Alive Data Base
http://www.doadb.com
Michael OConnor
2017-12-02 04:03:54 UTC
Post by David Carson
Rip Torn - actor, "Dodgeball"
I would think he might be better remembered for, say, "The Larry Sanders Show", for which he won an Emmy and was nominated four other times. But for much of the first half of his career Rip Torn's gimmick was in always changing his look in all of his different film roles, from his hair to wearing glasses or facial hair or using an accent, so that he was something of a chameleon. But about 30 years ago, he gave up the schtick and adopted the goatee and went with it and became more successful. (Gary Oldman is a contemporary actor who does the same chameleon thing.)

BTW I checked and didn't realize Rip Torn was 86.
That Derek
2017-12-02 18:24:28 UTC
Dominic Chianese, 87, actor ("The Sopranos")

Will Hutchins, 87, TV actor ("Sugarfoot")

M. Emmett Walsh, 82, charcter actor

Costa-Gavras, 84, Greek-born film director ("Z"; "Missing")

Philip Roth, 83, author ("Goodbye, Columbus")

Jean-Paul Belmondo, 84, French "New Wave" film actor

Siân Phillips, 84, Welsh actress

Charles Van Doren, 91, academician; Quiz Show scandal figure

Herbert Stempel, 90 (91 on 12/16/2017), Quiz Show scandal figure

Jane Withers, 91, MGM child actor; TV pitchwoman (as "Josephine, the Plumber")

Don Newcombe, 91, baseball player
That Derek
2017-12-02 04:37:20 UTC
Addendum:

(*) Forrest Compton -- he's 82 and is best known for having portrayed the colonel on "Gomer Pyle - USMC."
j***@gmail.com
2017-12-02 05:46:41 UTC
What amazes me and seems to amaze no one else I've ever met is the large number of people worldwide over 100 years of age, yet the oldest in the world usually dies at about 115. It's like having the best car ever, one day it's going to go down. I just think it's remarkable the large number of folks who make it to 100 but can't go beyond 15 years more. The machine just gives out. I am not saying the oldest person ever made it to 115 years of age, I know some have gone beyond that. But lately every time the world's oldest person dies and I read about it in the news they are about 115 years of age. Incredible to me.

TJ
d***@gmail.com
2017-12-02 20:11:41 UTC
Think about it. These people who are over 100 and die are often in foreign countries which are notorious for not keeping accurate public records so I to find it unbelievable.

There's no way to verify the accuracy of the claimed facts. So I take it with a grain of salt
Louis Epstein
2017-12-03 03:18:15 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
What amazes me and seems to amaze no one else I've ever met is the
large number of people worldwide over 100 years of age, yet the oldest
in the world usually dies at about 115. It's like having the best car
ever, one day it's going to go down. I just think it's remarkable the
large number of folks who make it to 100 but can't go beyond 15 years
more. The machine just gives out. I am not saying the oldest person
ever made it to 115 years of age, I know some have gone beyond that.
But lately every time the world's oldest person dies and I read about
it in the news they are about 115 years of age. Incredible to me.
TJ
The death rates at 110+ are massive.
About 25% die in six months,50% in a year,from age 110,111,112,113,
and then it goes up.

-=-=-
j***@gmail.com
2017-12-03 04:13:23 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
The death rates at 110+ are massive.
About 25% die in six months,50% in a year,from age 110,111,112,113,
and then it goes up.
I did not know those stats but am not surprised. It seems the older they get the more incrementally influenced by iffiness their future becomes. Hah hah.

TJ
Louis Epstein
2017-12-05 01:34:28 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Post by Louis Epstein
The death rates at 110+ are massive.
About 25% die in six months,50% in a year,from age 110,111,112,113,
and then it goes up.
I did not know those stats but am not surprised. It seems the older
they get the more incrementally influenced by iffiness their future
becomes. Hah hah.
TJ
In that age bracket...from any given age,90% will be dead in 3-3.5 years.

-=-=-
j***@gmail.com
2017-12-06 04:02:57 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by j***@gmail.com
Post by Louis Epstein
The death rates at 110+ are massive.
About 25% die in six months,50% in a year,from age 110,111,112,113,
and then it goes up.
I did not know those stats but am not surprised. It seems the older
they get the more incrementally influenced by iffiness their future
becomes. Hah hah.
TJ
In that age bracket...from any given age,90% will be dead in 3-3.5 years.
If one does not already exist it is time to start a paramutual death pool. You could be the pool's official odds maker. I would love to get in such a pool, with the odds ever changing based on bets being made. You want to take some old guy everyone thinks is ready to go, fine, you're going to have to put up more than you'll get if he dies. To make a living at such a pool you'd have to have some kind of inside info, or just a keen eye for death, on younger famous people on the death list, ones with unknown drug problems or other health conditions. I'd love to be involved in such a death pool. I've been getting in an NFL weekly pool for years, $20 a week using the spreads. I enjoy it, but when the season is over things get glum. We need a sport that has no seasons - like death. I know there are a lot of death pools out there. But do you know of any that are played for cash using the paramutual system? You could set the odds and run the pool, get in for free, or take a percentage from the winners.

TJ
That Derek
2017-12-02 05:55:31 UTC
(*) Brendan T. Byrne, 93, Democrat Governor of New Jersey (1974-1982)
Thomas H. Kean, 82, Republican Governor of New Jersey (1992-1990)
David Carson
2017-12-02 18:30:21 UTC
Post by That Derek
Thomas H. Kean, 82, Republican Governor of New Jersey (1992-1990)
I know Democrats sometimes say Republicans want to turn back the clock,
but I didn't know one actually succeeded at it.
j***@gmail.com
I checked to see if Jim Nabor's name was on the list. It isn't. Did you remove it, or do the names magically disappear along with the people who owned them? Only last year I threw out a World Almanac from 1991. It was way too tattered to keep. I loved it though because there was a section that listed "notable living people in the entertainment world", and every so often I'd go in and randomly check a page to see how many of those listed as living had since died. It was fun. Great to be alive.
That Derek
2017-12-02 06:03:16 UTC
(*) Gene Deitch, 93, animator (1950s post-Hanna-Barnera "Tom and Jery"; "Popeye" (1950s TV iteration)
That Derek
2017-12-02 06:06:32 UTC
(*) David N. Dinkins, 90, first African-American mayor of New York City (1990-1993)
That Derek
2017-12-02 06:42:23 UTC
(*) Bradley Bolke, 92, voice-over actor ("Tennessee Tuxedo and His Tales" as "Chumley, the Walrus"; "The Year Without a Santa Clause" as "Jangle Bells"; Vaughan Meader's "First Family" LPs as "Nikita Khrushchev"); brother of comic actor Dayton Allen

Conrad Brooks, 86, actor -- part of Ed Wood's "stock company"; the only actor ever to appear in every Ed Wood movie (including the unfinished and semi-pornographic ones -- I've met him and he's actually proud of this dubious distinction]

Peggy Jean Montgomery (aka Diana Sera Cary), 99, silent movie child actor

Pat carroll, 90, comedic actress

Rep. John Conyers (D- Michigan/13th District including Detroit), 88, (US Congressman (1965-present); longest-serving sitting US congressman
Michael OConnor
2017-12-02 07:13:20 UTC
Keith Jackson, former ABC college football announcer, will turn 89 later this month.

Dick Enberg, longtime pro football announcer and former game show host, turns 83 next month

Charles Grodin, actor and former CNBC talk show host, 82.
Michael OConnor
2017-12-02 18:01:44 UTC
Ernest Angley, televangelist, and the guy whom Robin Williams once said was the funniest man he ever seen, is 96 years old.
Michael OConnor
2017-12-02 19:03:37 UTC
Bart Starr, Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame QB, 83
c***@aol.com
2017-12-02 19:49:58 UTC
Wilfrid Brimley follows me on twitter. So does Chuck Yeager who is great fun on twitter.
Louis Epstein
2017-12-03 03:23:35 UTC
Post by c***@aol.com
Wilfrid Brimley follows me on twitter. So does Chuck Yeager who is great fun on twitter.
Chuck Yeager only follows six Twitter accounts and one's an organization.
Are you the Governor of West Virginia,the Chief of Staff of USAF,an
Oak Ridge Boy(he follows 3),or a liar?

-=-=-
Alfalfa Bill
2017-12-02 21:04:37 UTC
John Barth, author, 87
d***@gmail.com
2017-12-02 20:07:46 UTC
Maury Povich is 78.
Bermuda999
2017-12-02 22:25:46 UTC
Lawrence Ferlinghetti - Beat poet "A Coney Island of the Mind" and "Loud Prayer"
Bermuda999
2017-12-02 22:30:57 UTC
* (I forgot the asterisk, He's 98)
Louis Epstein
2017-12-03 04:06:19 UTC
William J. McCune,born 1915,who succeeded Edwin Land as president,CEO,and
chairman of Polaroid in 1975,1980,and 1982 respectively,handing those jobs
over to I. MacAllister Booth in 1984,1986,and 1991,is still listed by the
National Academy of Engineering site as a living rather than deceased
member.
I realize that the list generally ignores those engaged in commerce.

-=-=-
David Carson
2017-12-03 14:11:25 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
William J. McCune,born 1915,who succeeded Edwin Land as president,CEO,and
chairman of Polaroid in 1975,1980,and 1982 respectively,handing those jobs
over to I. MacAllister Booth in 1984,1986,and 1991,is still listed by the
National Academy of Engineering site as a living rather than deceased
member.
I realize that the list generally ignores those engaged in commerce.
The list has no bias against commerce per se; it is biased in favor of
notability and recognition among the general population, which few CEOs
have unless they either seek it or do something notorious to acquire it.
d***@gmail.com
2017-12-04 03:46:19 UTC
I'm watching Carol Burnett special right now and she's 84 years old but she looks about 60. But… Our veins know how old we are and she could kick it anytime just like Joan Rivers
Michael OConnor
2017-12-04 06:17:51 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
I'm watching Carol Burnett special right now and she's 84 years old but she looks about 60. But… Our veins know how old we are and she could kick it anytime just like Joan Rivers
I have it on my DVR and will watch it tomorrow. What is sad is that Tim Conway's health prevented him from being able to be a part of the taping of this show, I had heard. That to me is a bummer because to me one of his most memorable characters is the old man who walks really, really slow, and now that Tim Conway really is an old man, it would have been fun to watch him do that sketch.
I can't wait to see it, as The Carol Burnett Show was IMO one of the three funniest sketch comedy TV shows of all time (along with Monty Python and SCTV, sorry SNL) and I always thought Tim Conway was probably the greatest TV sketch comedian of all time. I can think of a few who came close (Sid Caesar, John Belushi, John Candy, Eddie Murphy, John Cleese) but he had pretty much free rein to improvise while the rest of the cast was doing their lines and they often had to try to keep up with whatever he was doing.
d***@gmail.com
2017-12-04 23:45:37 UTC
Yes. Tim is 83 and failing.

Harvey kicked in 2007 or 2008.
David Carson
2017-12-04 16:03:09 UTC
I'm watching Carol Burnett special right now and she's 84 years old but she looks about 60. But… Our veins know how old we are and she could kick it anytime just like Joan Rivers
A lot of people were watching the Carol Burnett special.

My top 5 database hits on 3 December were:
Tim Conway 2251
Carol Burnett 799
Lyle Waggoner 496
Harvey Korman 398
Vicki Lawrence 187

God bless the Carol Burnett special.
That Derek
2017-12-10 03:36:26 UTC
Yet another supplement:

Pat Cooper - comedian
Gwen Davies – children’s radio actress, “Let’s Pretend”; one-time voice of “Casper, The Friendly Ghost”
Jay Hickerson – pianist; OTR (old time radio) convention impresario
Joe Hickerson – folk singer; folk music historian
Peggy King – 1950s pop singer, “The George Gobel Show” (unrelated to “The King Sisters/Family”)
Nancy Kovack – actress, “The Outlaws Is Coming!”
John Poindexter – US Navy official; Iran-Contra figure
Donnelly Rhodes – TV actor, “Soap”
(*) Brent Scowcroft – USAF officer; National Security Adviser
RH Draney
2017-12-10 06:49:53 UTC
Post by That Derek
Pat Cooper - comedian
Gwen Davies – children’s radio actress, “Let’s Pretend”; one-time voice of “Casper, The Friendly Ghost”
Jay Hickerson – pianist; OTR (old time radio) convention impresario
Joe Hickerson – folk singer; folk music historian
Peggy King – 1950s pop singer, “The George Gobel Show” (unrelated to “The King Sisters/Family”)
Nancy Kovack – actress, “The Outlaws Is Coming!”
John Poindexter – US Navy official; Iran-Contra figure
Donnelly Rhodes – TV actor, “Soap”
(*) Brent Scowcroft – USAF officer; National Security Adviser
We're still missing Rusty Warren (bawdy comedienne of "Knockers Up!" and
"Bounce Your Boobies" fame)....r