Brenda Buttner, 55, Fox News financial/business reporter/host (Bulls & Bears)
2017-02-21 00:10:31 UTC
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/brenda-buttner-fox-news-host-dead-55-cancer-battle-article-1.2977668

Brenda Buttner, Fox News host, dead at 55 after cancer battle

BY Kate Feldman

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Monday, February 20, 2017, 5:52 PM

Brenda Buttner, the longtime host of Fox News’ “Bulls & Bears,” died Monday after a battle with cancer.

She was 55.

The financial reporter, who graduated from Harvard University in 1983 and spent two years as a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford University, got her professional start at an NBC affiliate in Reno, Nev., before hosting CNBC’s “The Money Club” and serving as a correspondent from 1990 to 1998.

The New Jersey resident joined Fox News in 2000 and served as a senior business correspondent and host of “Bulls and Bears.”

“Women are not afraid to simply admit they don’t know about something, which men rarely do,” she told the Fort Lauderdale Sun Sentinel in 1997. “So women realize there is no such thing as a stupid question when it comes to understanding an investment.”

Fox News host Neil Cavuto honored his colleague on the air Monday.

“In her sickest moments, battling an unrelenting cancer, there was Brenda, cheering you on,” he said.

“Business journalism is never going to be the same. I just don’t know, now that she’s gone, whether we’ll ever be.”

"Bulls and Bears” host Brenda Buttner died Monday after a battle with cancer. (FOX News)

Former Fox News commentator Tobin Smith remembered Buttner in a touching Facebook post.

“She loved rainy days, cloudy places, motorcycles and her children most of all. I told her that I would spread a few of her ashes in her beloved Edinborough outside her favorite pub...she loved that idea. She called me her ‘office husband’ and I told her that ‘all I got was c--p from her and none the benefits’ and she would laugh a hearty obscenity in response,” he wrote.

“My role in her life the last few years was to make her laugh...and I accomplished that goal on many phone calls. She was the type of friend you could not speak with with for months and then talk like we had just left off from yesterday.

“My dear Brenda Buttner..she was the little sister I never had. I miss her terribly and yet she is in my heart forever and an inspiration to all that knew her and her battle.”

Former CNBC anchor Ted David said Buttner was "fiercely smart but equally upbeat, full of fun and superior on the air."

"She was smarter than smart, poised and gracious on the air, fun to work with as a fellow broadcaster and dedicated to her job," he told the Daily News. "She was a mom, a motorcycle lover and person full of life. Her death is beyond sad and reminds us that life is precious and we must defeat cancer in out time."
Sarah Ehrett
2017-02-21 00:17:58 UTC
On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 16:10:31 -0800 (PST), That Derek
<***@yahoo.com> wrote:

Oops! I didn't see this when I sent my almost identical post. I
remember watching Brenda Buttner on " The Money Club" as well as
" Bulls and Bears". She made it enjoyable listening and learning
about money matters and the stock market.
Bryan Styble
2017-02-21 03:52:38 UTC
Amen to everything you said, Sarah.

I didn't watch Buttner much, inasmuch as I don't watch any of the financial nets a lot, but whenever I scanned across that ever-smiling visage holding satellite hook-up court on Fox Business Channel--or is it Network?--I always lingered a while, and not merely because I've got a weakness for redheads, but also because Buttner always seemed so much fun and so darned smart...though I never realized of Rhodes Scholar calibre!