Liz Jackson Australian Journalist dead at 67
Meteorite Debris
2018-07-03 01:15:07 UTC
https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/acclaimed-australian-
journalist-liz-jackson-has-died-20180628-p4zof1.html

Respected Australian journalist Liz Jackson, who was best known for her
work on Media Watch and Four Corners, has died. She was 67.
Anglo Saxon
2018-07-03 01:36:19 UTC
Meteorite Debris wrote:

> https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/acclaimed-australian-
> journalist-liz-jackson-has-died-20180628-p4zof1.html

Might someone tell me how to open a link that wraps to two+ lines? I do it in
an akward series of copy/pastes and there's got to a better way. Thanks in
advance. Hell, maybe it's me. If so I'll take any info on that, too. Regards.
Meteorite Debris
2018-07-03 02:57:41 UTC
In article <***@Noble-Gas.PK5001Z>,
***@invalid.invalid says...
> https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/acclaimed-australian-
> > journalist-liz-jackson-has-died-20180628-p4zof1.html

Here is a tiny url of the article.
https://tinyurl.com/ycdow5hc
Anglo Saxon
2018-07-03 17:04:20 UTC
Meteorite Debris wrote:
> In article <***@Noble-Gas.PK5001Z>,
> ***@invalid.invalid says...
>> https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/acclaimed-australian-
>> > journalist-liz-jackson-has-died-20180628-p4zof1.html
>>

> Here is a tiny url of the article.
> https://tinyurl.com/ycdow5hc

Thank you; tiny url is great. The obit, such lives people have.... for the
sake of usenet education, would the onus of creating a tiny url fall on the
OP's side? Rather than the reader's? I am not trying to be a shit-head, but
it's worth it to me to learn.
Thanks
David Carson
2018-07-03 12:26:34 UTC
On Tue, 3 Jul 2018 01:36:19 -0000 (UTC), Anglo Saxon
<***@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>Meteorite Debris wrote:
>>

>> https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/acclaimed-australian-journalist-liz-jackson-has-died-20180628-p4zof1.html
>
>Might someone tell me how to open a link that wraps to two+ lines? I do it in
>an akward series of copy/pastes and there's got to a better way. Thanks in
>advance. Hell, maybe it's me. If so I'll take any info on that, too. Regards.

1. Hit "Reply," or whatever button you would use to post a reply. (In
Agent, it's called "Post Follow-Up Message."

2. Put the cursor on the first character of the second line of the URL. On
the above, URL, it's "j" for "journalist."

3. Press Backspace to take out the spaces and ">" symbols until you have a
long, one-line URL. Launch it however you normally would.

4. Discard the reply. Please don't post it. You're not Steve Hayes.

This works for me in Agent.

Dead or Alive Data Base
http://www.doadb.com
Anglo Saxon
2018-07-03 17:20:15 UTC
David Carson wrote:
> > This works for me in Agent.
>
> David Carson

Thanks. My newsreader won't turn it into a hot-link, grr.

The hardest, toughest man I ever met was a South African concrete guy. I saw
him go at it with an active Marine and I had to leave. Christ. I honestly
thought one or the other of them was going to die by bare hands and I couldn't
watch.