Anne Jeffreys, 94; actress best known for "Topper" "General Hospital" "Dick TracY"
a***@gmail.com
2017-09-28 17:32:42 UTC
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/anne-jeffreys-dead-dies-topper-general-hospital-1202575270/

Sept

Anne Jeffreys, the actress and singer known for her roles in the 1950s sitcom “Topper” and long-running daytime soap opera “General Hospital,” has died. She was 94.

News of her death was first reported by George Pennacchio, an entertainment reporter with ABC7, who tweeted “The beautiful and elegant actress, Anne Jeffreys, has died (September 27, 2017) at 94. She was a sweetheart.”

Jeffreys’ career started in the early 1940s with a number of film roles including “Step Lively,” a musical starring Frank Sinatra. In the late ’40s she turned to Broadway. She replaced Patricia Morison in “Kiss Me, Kate” in 1948, and also appeared in the 1952 musical “Three Wishes for Jamie.”

Between 1952 and 1955 she starred in the CBS sitcom “Topper.” Her husband, Robert Sterling, was also part of the show’s central cast. Jeffreys played Marion Kerby, billed in the credits as “the ghostess with the mostest.”

In the ’60s she appeared in television shows including “L.A. Law” and “Murder, She Wrote.” Her role in 1972’s “The Delphi Bureau” earned her a Golden Globe nomination.
That Derek
2017-09-28 17:37:17 UTC
Now Ms. Jeffreys really is "your ghostess with the moistest!"
l***@yahoo.com
2017-09-29 20:47:04 UTC
She was also in "Dillinger" (1945). Didn't get to see it, but 6.6 out of 10 at the IMDb isn't too bad, I suppose.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0420331/?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

Nice to see she was working as late as 2013!

I don't think I EVER saw her...I'm surprised she was also in the 1945 "Dick Tracy"! Guess I'll have to start looking for her.