Deathwatch: Charles Krauthammer (Cancer - weeks to live)
2018-06-08 17:35:45 UTC
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2018/06/08/fox-news-charles-krauthammer-says-goodbye-to-colleagues-friends-and-viewers.html

June 8, 2018

I have been uncharacteristically silent these past ten months. I had thought that silence would soon be coming to an end, but I’m afraid I must tell you now that fate has decided on a different course for me.

In August of last year, I underwent surgery to remove a cancerous tumor in my abdomen. That operation was thought to have been a success, but it caused a cascade of secondary complications which I have been fighting in hospital ever since. It was a long and hard fight with many setbacks, but I was steadily, if slowly, overcoming each obstacle along the way and gradually making my way back to health.

However, recent tests have revealed that the cancer has returned. There was no sign of it as recently as a month ago, which means it is aggressive and spreading rapidly. My doctors tell me their best estimate is that I have only a few weeks left to live. This is the final verdict. My fight is over.

I wish to thank my doctors and caregivers, whose efforts have been magnificent. My dear friends, who have given me a lifetime of memories and whose support has sustained me through these difficult months. And all of my partners at The Washington Post, Fox News, and Crown Publishing.

Lastly, I thank my colleagues, my readers, and my viewers, who have made my career possible and given consequence to my life’s work. I believe that the pursuit of truth and right ideas through honest debate and rigorous argument is a noble undertaking. I am grateful to have played a small role in the conversations that have helped guide this extraordinary nation’s destiny.

I leave this life with no regrets. It was a wonderful life – full and complete with the great loves and great endeavors that make it worth living. I am sad to leave, but I leave with the knowledge that I lived the life that I intended.
c***@aol.com
2018-06-08 18:04:09 UTC
Just the kind of letter I’d expect from such a great writer. Godspeed.
J.D. Baldwin
2018-06-08 23:37:26 UTC
Post by Michael OConnor
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2018/06/08/fox-news-charles-krauthammer-says-goodbye-to-colleagues-friends-and-viewers.html
This is a hard blow for me. I really admire this guy. Even when he
has cause to get angry or rant-ey, he stays thoughtful and careful.

He reduced John Kerry and John Edwards to smoking heaps of ash with a
wonderful, brilliant column calling those sanctimonious moral
nullities out on their pandering with respect to stem cell research[1]
... but he was never, for a moment, mean or unfair about it. He took
their words and deconstructed them logically and borderline
dispassionately, despite his own personal dog in that particular
fight, as it were. Reading it will make your blood boil (if you have
a soul at all), but it's clear throughout that his is not.

[1] http://www.jewishworldreview.com/1004/krauthammer_edwards.php3

Anyone who saw him on TV in those last few weeks before his long
hiatus knew there was something seriously wrong. He was having
trouble breathing, much less speaking. Nevertheless, he held it
together pretty well. Then he went away for a while.

Though he lives in DC, he has a house in Annapolis, where I have some
family and friends who have seen him around town recently. They
reported that he was looking pretty good and had been out of doors
more and more. So I was hopeful that he'd return to his writing and
TV appearances. Looks like that hope was in vain.
2018-06-09 01:46:34 UTC
About a month or so ago it did look like he was getting better and thinking about going back on air. Then it all changed in an instant. Really sad.

His life story and what he overcome alone qualified him for the amazing guy hall of fame.
d***@gmail.com
2018-06-10 21:16:31 UTC
Look. He dove in shallow water. Not smart. My law school classmate did the same, and he died young. It was graduation 👨‍🎓 night.

Both paid a price, too.
c***@aol.com
2018-06-10 23:44:39 UTC
You are a true asshole. My condolences to your family.
J.D. Baldwin
2018-06-11 21:53:44 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
Look. He dove in shallow water. Not smart. My law school classmate
did the same, and he died young.
I'm not sure what your point is. He did a dumb thing in a rash moment
when he was in his early 20's? Of *course* that isn't smart. You
want to list all the public figures you admire who have never even
once done a dumb thing?
a***@gmail.com
good riddance fascist fuck
Charlie Dunn
2018-06-09 04:56:52 UTC
The buttholeness is strong in Trumbull, Connecticut.
v***@yahoo.com
2018-06-09 15:13:10 UTC
Worthless troll..