Jimmy Beaumont, 76, doo-wop singer, The Skyliners ("Since I Don't Have You")
2017-10-08 22:24:30 UTC
http://www.wtae.com/article/pittsburgh-music-legend-jimmy-beaumont-of-the-skyliners-dies-at-76/12805272\

Pittsburgh music legend Jimmy Beaumont of the Skyliners dies at 76

Pittsburgh’s Action News 4 has confirmed Jimmy Beaumont of the Skyliners has died.

PITTSBURGH —
Pittsburgh’s Action News 4 has confirmed Jimmy Beaumont of the Skyliners has died. Beaumont died Saturday in his home.

Beaumont and the Skyliners jetted to music fame with the 1958 hit "Since I Don't Have You."

Other hits followed for the doo-wop group, but none topped the charts like that.

Beaumont hailed from Pittsburgh's Knoxville neighborhood. He was 76 years old.

Pittsburgh's Action News 4 does not know the cause of his death at this time.
That Derek
2017-10-09 15:58:27 UTC
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/jimmy-beaumont-co-writer-of-since-i-dont-have-you-dies/2017/10/09/4785a002-acf5-11e7-9b93-b97043e57a22_story.html?utm_term=.fcdf1fe05594

Obituaries

Jimmy Beaumont, co-writer of ‘Since I Don’t Have You,’ dies

By Associated Press

October 9 at 9:25 AM

MCKEESPORT, Pa. — The lead singer of the doo-wop group the Skyliners, who co-wrote the iconic ballad “Since I Don’t Have You,” has died. Jimmy Beaumont was 76.

Beaumont’s family says he died in his sleep Saturday at his home in McKeesport, Pennsylvania.

Joe Rock would eventually manage the Skyliners. He was helping promote Beaumont’s former group, the Crescents, when Rock wrote some lyrics lamenting his girlfriend’s impending departure for flight attendants’ school out of state. That was 1958, and Beaumont was 18.

Beaumont, of Pittsburgh, set the lyrics to music, and a hit was born.

The song has been covered by Barbra Streisand, Patti LaBelle, Art Garfunkel, Don McLean and even Guns N’ Roses.

The Jaycox-Jaworski Funeral Home in McKeesport is handling arrangements. Beaumont’s funeral is Friday at Corpus Christi Parish in McKeesport.