Christian Evans, 45, bipolar former husband of actress/talk show host Ricki Lake
2017-02-26 03:22:44 UTC
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/ricki-lake-ex-husband-christian-evans-dies-article-1.2972714

Ricki Lake’s ex-husband, Christian Evans, dies at 45 after struggle with bipolar disorder

BY Kate Feldman

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 8:31 PM

Ricki Lake’s ex-husband, Christian Evans, has died.

He was 45.

The former jewelry designer was suffering from bipolar disorder, Lake, 48, revealed in a heartfelt social media post Tuesday.

“It is with a heavy heart that I share that my beloved soulmate, Christian Evans has passed. The world didn’t understand this man, but I did. He succumbed to his life long struggle with bipolar disorder. For anyone who has ever lost a family member or friend to mental illness, my heart goes out to you,” Lake wrote on Instagram.

“I am a greater person for having known him and spent the past 6 and a half years of my life with him. He was a man of love and what mends my broken heart today is knowing that he is finally at peace and his spirit is free. Rest in peace, my love.”

Lake and Evans got engaged in August 2011 and eloped the following April.

By October 2014, they separated. Lake filed for divorce on Oct. 29, citing irreconcilable differences.
David Carson
2017-02-26 14:36:09 UTC
Suicide, I presume.
Keeubie Plaffies