Discussion:
Woman pays for car repair bill the hard way, film at eleven
(too old to reply)
Michael OConnor
2018-07-12 00:09:00 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/11/married-woman-and-mechanic-die-from-carbon-monoxide-poisoning-while-having-sex-in-garage-report.html

Married woman and mechanic die from carbon monoxide poisoning while having sex in garage
By Kathleen Joyce | Fox News

Tameka Hargrave was found dead in a parking garage on Monday, July 9, 2018.

A married woman and her mechanic lover reportedly died from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning while having sex in a parking garage.

Kahali Johnson found his wife, Tameka Hargrave, 39, and the 56-year-old mechanic, who was not identified, dead in a parking garage on Monday night in Newark, N.J., ABC 7 New York reported.

Johnson was paying for work done on her vehicle by having sex with the mechanic, a police source told NJ.com.

Johnson told ABC 7 New York he arrived at his apartment on Monday night and smelled a strong odor in his home. He said an alarm went off and he began investigating the smell to the garage where he found his wife, the mechanic and a running car. He said he found his wife on the ground while the mechanic appeared to be looking at the car.

"As I tried to step to open the last garage door, I see the mechanic, he's laid out," Johnson said. "She's just a few feet away, she's laid out. And pretty much I had to call 911, because at this time, with that level of emissions, I knew that they were gone."

Police arrived at the apartment complex and pronounced Hargrave and the mechanic dead. Newark police spokesperson Catherine Adams said the deaths “appeared to be accidental.”

"This incident is under investigation, but appears to be accidental," Adams said.

The building was evacuated as a precaution and one person was transported to the hospital to be evaluated.

Johnson blamed the deaths on carbon monoxide poisoning.

"Basically she died because of carbon monoxide," Johnson said. "They do not have adequate alarm systems, because if there had been an alarm in that garage, people would have been alerted to the fact that it was going on."
David Carson
2018-07-12 17:44:17 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 17:09:00 -0700 (PDT), Michael OConnor
Post by Michael OConnor
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/11/married-woman-and-mechanic-die-from-carbon-monoxide-poisoning-while-having-sex-in-garage-report.html
Married woman and mechanic die from carbon monoxide poisoning while having sex in garage
By Kathleen Joyce | Fox News
Tameka Hargrave was found dead in a parking garage on Monday, July 9, 2018.
A married woman and her mechanic lover reportedly died from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning while having sex in a parking garage.
Kahali Johnson found his wife, Tameka Hargrave, 39, and the 56-year-old mechanic, who was not identified, dead in a parking garage on Monday night in Newark, N.J., ABC 7 New York reported.
Johnson was paying for work done on her vehicle by having sex with the mechanic, a police source told NJ.com.
The facts stated below do not lead to the conclusion stated above.
Post by Michael OConnor
Johnson told ABC 7 New York he arrived at his apartment on Monday night and smelled a strong odor in his home. He said an alarm went off and he began investigating the smell to the garage where he found his wife, the mechanic and a running car. He said he found his wife on the ground while the mechanic appeared to be looking at the car.
"As I tried to step to open the last garage door, I see the mechanic, he's laid out," Johnson said. "She's just a few feet away, she's laid out. And pretty much I had to call 911, because at this time, with that level of emissions, I knew that they were gone."
Police arrived at the apartment complex and pronounced Hargrave and the mechanic dead. Newark police spokesperson Catherine Adams said the deaths “appeared to be accidental.”
"This incident is under investigation, but appears to be accidental," Adams said.
The building was evacuated as a precaution and one person was transported to the hospital to be evaluated.
Johnson blamed the deaths on carbon monoxide poisoning.
"Basically she died because of carbon monoxide," Johnson said. "They do not have adequate alarm systems, because if there had been an alarm in that garage, people would have been alerted to the fact that it was going on."
This makes it sound as if one car engine was enough to intoxicate the
apartment complex's parking garage, and if that were the case, people
would be dying in it every day.
Terry del Fuego
2018-07-13 21:32:14 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Post by David Carson
This makes it sound as if one car engine was enough to intoxicate the
apartment complex's parking garage, and if that were the case, people
would be dying in it every day.
Maybe it's there and I missed it, but it would also be interesting to
know the model year of the car in question. It's allegedly a lot more
difficult to kill yourself in that manner with a modern one, assuming
a properly connected and functioning catalytic converter.
Bryan Styble
2018-07-13 18:34:15 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Sounds as though the intrepid local NYC Fox reporter was imprecise and indeed incorrect in terming it a parking garage; the rest of the story suggests it was a garage attached to their house.

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
David Carson
2018-07-13 23:16:54 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 11:34:15 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Styble
Post by Bryan Styble
Sounds as though the intrepid local NYC Fox reporter was imprecise and indeed incorrect in terming it a parking garage; the rest of the story suggests it was a garage attached to their house.
The rest of the article used the terms "apartment," "apartment complex,"
and "the building was evacuated," all of which made me think it was a
large garage used by multiple units, not a one-car garage for an invidual
tenant. I don't think the word "house" appears in the article at all. On
the other hand, a TV news story I saw about this after I posted made it
sound like it *was* a house and garage in a single-family dwelling.

The article is very badly written.
--
Dead or Alive Data Base
http://www.doadb.com
Bryan Styble
2018-07-14 00:07:55 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Much appreciate your astute analysis there, Sir Carson; what misled me was 1) the employment of the term "home", which of course can include apartments but generally is used in reference to stand-alone residences; and (2) I bone-headedly never noticed the word "apartment" while reading the story.

HOWEVER...the fact that the cheated-upon widower seemed to nasally sense the noxious fumes inside his residence implies the building is pretty small, else there would have likely been a few more casualties, no?

STYBLE/Florida
Bermuda999
2018-07-14 15:03:25 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
It is a block-long apartment complex in Newark New Jersey. The first floor of the complex is a garage. The next two floors are apartments.
MJ Emigh
2018-07-14 02:45:28 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Post by Bryan Styble
the intrepid local NYC Fox reporter was imprecise and indeed incorrect
And incomplete. I'm sure I'm not alone in wondering if the work ever got done on the car. Likely, a rim job was involved.
Alfalfa Bill
2018-07-14 06:54:52 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Post by Michael OConnor
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/11/married-woman-and-mechanic-die-from-carbon-monoxide-poisoning-while-having-sex-in-garage-report.html
A married woman and her mechanic lover reportedly died from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning while having sex in a parking garage.
Johnson was paying for work done on her vehicle by having sex with the mechanic, a police source told NJ.com.
Nothing in her life became her like the leaving of it.
Loading...