LIST: Living Gemini and Apollo astronauts
2017-11-08 14:10:27 UTC
This list has been updated to reflect the death of Richard Gordon, who
flew on Gemini 11 and Apollo 12, on 6 November 2017 at age 88.

The men below are listed in order from oldest to youngest. The flight
lists after their names are not exhaustive; I listed a maximum of one
Gemini flight and one Apollo flight for each. Men who walked on the
moon are listed in ALL CAPS.

Frank Borman, 88, Gemini 7, Apollo 8
Jim Lovell, 88, Gemini 7, Apollo 8
Jim McDivitt, 87, Gemini 4, Apollo 9
Thomas Stafford, 86, Gemini 6, Apollo 10
EDWIN "BUZZ" ALDRIN, 86, Gemini 12, Apollo 11
JOHN YOUNG, 86, Gemini 3, Apollo 16
Michael Collins, 86, Gemini 10, Apollo 11
Alfred Worden, 84, Apollo 15
ALAN BEAN, 84, Apollo 12
Walter Cunningham, 84, Apollo 7
DAVID SCOTT, 84, Gemini 8, Apollo 15
Bill Anders, 83, Apollo 8
Fred Haise, 83, Apollo 13
HARRISON SCHMITT, 81, Apollo 17
CHARLES DUKE, 81, Apollo 16
Russell Schweickart, 81, Apollo 9
Ken Mattingly, 80, Apollo 16

Manned Gemini and Apollo missions with living members
* Indicates a lunar landing

All manned Gemini missions had two crewmen; all manned Apollo missions
had three. In the lunar landings, only two of the three crewmen went
to the lunar surface.

Gemini 3: YOUNG
Gemini 4: McDivitt
Gemini 5: (deceased)
Gemini 7: Borman, Lovell
Gemini 6: Stafford
Gemini 8: SCOTT
Gemini 9: Stafford
Gemini 10: YOUNG, Collins
Gemini 11: (deceased)
Gemini 12: Lovell, ALDRIN

Apollo 1: (deceased)
Apollo 7: Cunningham
Apollo 8: Borman, Lovell, Anders
Apollo 9: McDivitt, SCOTT, Schweickart
Apollo 10: Stafford, YOUNG
*Apollo 11: Collins, ALDRIN
*Apollo 12: BEAN
Apollo 13: Lovell, Haise
*Apollo 14: (deceased)
*Apollo 15: SCOTT, Worden
*Apollo 16: YOUNG, Mattingly, DUKE
*Apollo 17: SCHMITT

Also see my complete list of dead U.S. astronauts at
http://www.doadb.com/astronauts.htm

Dead or Alive Data Base
http://www.doadb.com
J.D. Baldwin
2017-11-08 15:13:24 UTC
Post by David Carson
Jim Lovell, 88, Gemini 7, Apollo 8
One often sees gravestones for a married couple where one is deceased
and the other is merely scheduled to be so at some future date. I
have never seen such a marker in place for a couple *neither* of whom
has snuffed it -- except for this one:

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/15945509

It's been there for around ten years. So far as I know (and I have
mutual friends with them), neither Jim nor Marilyn even has a cold.
2017-11-08 17:20:11 UTC
Does Lovell still have that restaurant in the Chicago suburbs?