Nelson Mandela RIP
Michael OConnor
2013-12-05 21:48:23 UTC
Breaking news
News
2013-12-06 04:28:18 UTC
Post by Michael OConnor
Breaking news
Let the week-long bereavement dominate the news until it's milked
for every ratings drop possible.
Saying that, I'm sorry he had to go, but he was 95 and in-and-out
of hospitals for the past year.
It wasn't exactly unexpected.
Scott Brady
2013-12-06 06:06:55 UTC
As if that's remotely, conceivably relevant.
Scott Brady
It's not like he crashed his Porsche or anything.
News
And it wasn't 55 years ago. [age]
Pat Peeve
2013-12-06 12:09:25 UTC
Anything to divert attention away from your long-winded raving screeds.
Matthew Kruk
2013-12-06 12:20:30 UTC
Post by Pat Peeve
Post by News
Post by Michael OConnor
Breaking news
Let the week-long bereavement dominate the news until it's
milked for every ratings drop possible.
Anything to divert attention away from your long-winded raving screeds.
Disagree. Nelson Mandela meant little to me - yes, I appreciate what he did but
he is not the second coming of pseudo-Christ depicted by the media.
Pat Peeve
OK then. Back to alt.roy.raving.k00k
l***@fl.it
2013-12-06 13:12:35 UTC
Post by Matthew Kruk
Post by Pat Peeve
Post by News
Post by Michael OConnor
Breaking news
Let the week-long bereavement dominate the news until it's
milked for every ratings drop possible.
Anything to divert attention away from your long-winded raving screeds.
Disagree. Nelson Mandela meant little to me - yes, I appreciate what he did but
he is not the second coming of pseudo-Christ depicted by the media.
I worked hard (at the time in the UK) with AntiApartheid, Boycott S.A.
Goods etc and had great respect for him as a man who held to his
beliefs and paid bitterly for it.

I can't say that SA looks that great today, think Soweto, but I
suppose it will take quite a few years more. Maybe the worst is over.

However that said, the media will do this to death, no pun intended. I
put it in the same category as those people who rush to put flowers by
the roadside when someone is killed by a drunk driver. How come they
don't get out and work against drink and driving ? No, no, they
prefer/hope to be seen lighting candles or laying flowers/teddy bears.
News
2013-12-06 16:16:36 UTC
Post by Matthew Kruk
Post by Pat Peeve
Post by News
Post by Michael OConnor
Breaking news
Let the week-long bereavement dominate the news until it's
milked for every ratings drop possible.
Anything to divert attention away from your long-winded raving screeds.
Disagree. Nelson Mandela meant little to me - yes, I appreciate what he
did but he is not the second coming of pseudo-Christ depicted by the
media.
What's this? I'm pleasantly surprised at Matthew's words!
He got it correct, and I applaud Matthew for recognizing that
fact.
Mandela correctly fought long and hard against forced segregation
(civil liberties), but that doesn't make him a God-like person; similarly
for M.L. King.
And N. Mandela was still an economic Communist (as also was M.L.
King).
He wouldn't be getting all these hurrahs from the mass media if
he had pushed just as hard for the FREE MARKET in South Africa over
Communist dogma.
David Carson
Well, it's not like Mandela ever had a bit part in a Three Stooges film.
Loon Rockwell
Technically, you are correct.
News
2013-12-06 16:18:45 UTC
Post by David Carson
Post by Pat Peeve
Post by News
Post by Michael OConnor
Breaking news
Let the week-long bereavement dominate the news until it's
milked for every ratings drop possible.
Anything to divert attention away from your long-winded raving screeds.
Well, it's not like Mandela ever had a bit part in a Three Stooges film.
Neither did almost everyone else, Mr. Non-sequitur.
Or should I call you Mr. Zero, since you made that much
sense in relating the two wildly disparate ideas?
l***@fl.it
2013-12-06 12:16:06 UTC
Post by News
Post by Michael OConnor
Breaking news
Let the week-long bereavement dominate the news until it's milked
for every ratings drop possible.
Saying that, I'm sorry he had to go, but he was 95 and in-and-out
of hospitals for the past year.
It wasn't exactly unexpected.
Ditto - in fact I have the suspicion they should have let him go a few
months ago, keeping 95 year olds alive because you can is not always a
good thing.
News
2013-12-06 16:12:26 UTC
Post by l***@fl.it
Post by News
Post by Michael OConnor
Breaking news
Let the week-long bereavement dominate the news until it's milked
for every ratings drop possible.
Saying that, I'm sorry he had to go, but he was 95 and in-and-out
of hospitals for the past year.
It wasn't exactly unexpected.
Ditto - in fact I have the suspicion they should have let him go a few
months ago, keeping 95 year olds alive because you can is not always a
good thing.
People in the future won't have the luxury of having that problem
of living too long.
Obama's bureau-rats DEATH PANELS will make the decision on who
is living "too expensively" on the Government's "dime" at whatever age they
are, and will pull the plug on those people when they outlive their monetary
usefulness to the State (Central Gov't).

"Death panels are of course mandatory. There are no free lunches.
If a society does not allocate resources by price competition, it must
allocate by government committees." --Dr. Gary North (see link and article
below)

You live on the Government's "money," you die on the Government's
"money." [*]
Keynesian "economist" Paul Krugman himself admitted to the death
panels reality in the embedded video link below after the 2:20 mark.
http://www.lewrockwell.com/2013/11/gary-north/higher-taxes-and-death-panels-will-be-required

"Keynesian Krugman: Higher Taxes and Death Panels Will Be Required"

by Dr. Gary North

November 8, 2013

"Princeton's Paul Krugman is a Keynesian. He is the Keynesian. He is the
resident economist for the New York Times [1].

Economics teaches that there are no free lunches. Therefore, an economy can
allocate scarce resources in two ways: by price competition or by government
committees. Keynesianism seeks to find a middle ground. It wants allocation
by "high bid wins" (auction), but also by government committee
(bureaucracy). The correct word for allocation by bureaucracy is
"rationing." Keynesians never use this word. That is because it is
accurate.

When you say "medical rationing," think "death panels."

In a recent speech at a synagogue, in a question and answer session, he made
it clear that the present welfare state cannot long be financed by today's
taxes. Taxes must rise - maybe in 2025. Costs must be cut. Certain medical
procedures must be curtailed. There must be death panels.

Yes, he really said the Sarah Palin phrase. It got a chuckle. This occurred
around 2 minutes and 20 seconds into the video.

Death panels are of course mandatory. There are no free lunches. If a
society does not allocate resources by price competition, it must allocate
by government committees.

If you are flat on your back, you had better not be over age 60. You had
better not be suffering from a chronic and possibly fatal illness."

[1]
http://topics.nytimes.com/top/opinion/editorialsandoped/oped/columnists/paulkrugman/index.html

Dr. Gary North is a Ludwig von Mises FREE MARKET economist, who doesn't
sugarcoat the failed healthcare central planning schemes as the Keynesians
always do when trying to pull the wool over the peoples' eyes in yet another
"something for nothing" ripoff.

[*] The Government has ZERO money of its own--it all comes from the People
by forced taxation (including future borrowing, a delayed form of taxing
includes interest costs), or the Government/Federal Reserve Banking Cartel's
evil axis get to create it in their computers from nothing tangible in
return for the 'new money', causing higher prices, and the inflationary
funny-"money" rippling through and destablizing the economy. This causes
the huge recessions and mass unemployment that people also despise, but
rarely do the common people blame on the Government/Federal Reserve Banking
Cartel axis that started the 'boom-bust' cycles to continue, and the
Gov't/Fed then merrily blame the bad times on others such as "greedy
businesmen" or foreigners, or other convenient "bad guys" in the popular
mindset.
Loon Rockwell
2013-12-06 16:26:05 UTC
Loonier and loonier.
Sauve Maria
2013-12-06 19:33:42 UTC
Post by Loon Rockwell
Loonier and loonier.
That too may soon come to an end.
Loon Rockwell
2013-12-06 19:36:59 UTC
Post by Sauve Maria
Post by Loon Rockwell
Loonier and loonier.
That too may soon come to an end.
We're not that lucky.
13 years and counting. No end in sight.
Sauve Maria
2013-12-06 20:51:55 UTC
Imagine the fear he must live with, at any time he could be arrested and lost in the St. Louis jail system, meeting people he's only talked about. A case of mistaken identity, a malicious prosecution, an attempt to balance out the racial profiling thing... any one of a number of reasons and he'd be housed with a handful of average St Louis denizen.
News
2013-12-06 21:57:30 UTC
Post by Loon Rockwell
We're not that lucky.
13 years and counting. No end in sight.
Imagine the fear he must live with, at any time he could be arrested and
lost in the St. Louis jail system,

Arrested for WHAT, and why would I be 'lost'?
Talking to the idiots in this ng--such as you?

meeting people he's only talked about.

???

A case of mistaken identity,

That won't happen.

a malicious prosecution

That could happen to anyone, anywhere, anytime--including
YOU and your nym-shifting names.

, an attempt to balance out the racial profiling thing...

??? More crazy talk from the ignoramus that you prove
every time you post.

any one of a number of reasons

Talk about loony thinking!
You fit that perfectly.

and he'd be housed with a handful of average St Louis denizen.

Better than housed with the low-brained idiots as you show
yourself to be.
What's next on your crazy list of things that *might* (not)
happen?
You might get yourself on the first rocket flight to Mars
(see you later, screwy!), except you don't have the $ to buy your way in,
but you would probably rob a bank (with a kitchen knife), get caught, and
then get slammed in the slammer for 25 years.
News
2013-12-06 21:49:51 UTC
What does *that* mean?
Terry del Fuego
2013-12-08 00:07:56 UTC
On Fri, 6 Dec 2013 10:12:26 -0600, "An Unemployed Eight-Year-Old Girl"
Post by News
DEATH PANELS
Ah yes...what people euphemistically say when they're too embarrassed
to just admit they're retarded.
Post by News
Mandela correctly fought long and hard against forced segregation
(civil liberties), but that doesn't make him a God-like person; similarly
for M.L. King.
And N. Mandela was still an economic Communist (as also was M.L.
King).
He wouldn't be getting all these hurrahs from the mass media if
he had pushed just as hard for the FREE MARKET in South Africa over
Communist dogma.
As a gesture of total friendship, I'd like to suggest some future
off-topic posts for you:

Lech Walesa: No one in a trade union could ever be a true dissenter!

Vaclav Havel: What an asshole!

Frederick Douglass: Don't any of those people know their place?

Oscar Hammerstein II: Sounds like a Jewish name. Is that why "The
Sound of Music" is so mean to Germans?