Waffle House shooting - and the hero who kept it from getting worse
2018-04-22 21:43:39 UTC
I have to say, even if I could be sure I were strong enough to get the gun away, I might have had trouble holding on to it, with the gun's burning my hands!

Includes video of the interview with the hero, James Shaw Jr.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/man-hailed-hero-after-wrestling-gun-away-from-waffle-house-shooter/ar-AAwc7l0?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

Lenona.
Alfalfa Bill
2018-04-22 23:24:37 UTC
Post by l***@yahoo.com
I have to say, even if I could be sure I were strong enough to get the gun away, I might have had trouble holding on to it, with the gun's burning my hands!
Includes video of the interview with the hero, James Shaw Jr.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/man-hailed-hero-after-wrestling-gun-away-from-waffle-house-shooter/ar-AAwc7l0?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout
What kind of gun did this hero use to stop this bad guy?

And how did this bad guy get his guns back (including the AR-15 used in the murders) after they were taken away by the government when he trespassed on White House grounds?
Jason
2018-04-22 23:31:49 UTC
from https://breaking911.com/just-in-nashville-police-issue-new-details-in-waffle-house-mass-shooting/

Reinking was arrested by the United States Secret Service for being in a restricted area near the White House in July of 2017. He was subsequently released. Reinking was later interviewed by Tazewell County, Illinois, authorities and the FBI. His Illinois firearms authorization was revoked and four weapons were seized by Tazewell County authorities, among them was the AR-15 used today. The police department has received information that the guns were returned to Reinking’s father, who has acknowledged giving them back to his son. Presently two of the four guns are unaccounted for (one of them was recovered during the apartment search).
p***@gmail.com
2018-04-22 23:53:10 UTC
Post by Jason
Post by Alfalfa Bill
Post by l***@yahoo.com
[...]
"This is not the first time Reinking's father returned weapons to his son after concerns about Reinking's state of mind."
-(USA Today Tennessee)
Jason
2018-04-23 00:23:46 UTC
Post by p***@gmail.com
Post by Jason
Post by Alfalfa Bill
Post by l***@yahoo.com
[...]
Yeah, father knew he had mental issue & was suicidal, but still thought it was ok for him to have guns. look at this: https://www.newschannel5.com/news/waffle-house-suspect-said-taylor-swift-was-stalking-him

On May 27, 2016, authorities in Illinois said they responded to a CVS parking lot in Morton, Illinois because Reinking's mother, Judith Reinking; father, Jeff Reinking; and grandmother, Marilyn Hopper had stated they were worried about him.

When the deputy arrived at the scene, Reinking was being evaluated by an official with an Emergency Response Service. Family members said Reinking had been having delusions since August 2014.

Reinking told officials Taylor Swift was harassing him by stalking him and hacking his phone. He later told them she had hacked his Netflix account, told him to meet her at a Dairy Queen, then allegedly ran from him at that location. He said he chased her to the rooftop of a building, but she was gone.

Reinking told authorities he was telling the truth. He also stated he had proof on his phone, but he would not show it to them.

His family stated he had made suicidal threats and owned guns. Officials said they took him for an evaluation at Methodist Hospital.
c***@aol.com
2018-04-23 04:10:41 UTC
Arrest the father. Duh.
Terry del Fuego
2018-04-23 12:55:58 UTC
On Sun, 22 Apr 2018 17:23:46 -0700 (PDT), Jason
Post by Jason
Yeah, father knew he had mental issue & was suicidal, but
still thought it was ok for him to have guns.
Parenting makes you a better person!