Discussion:
Florida High School Shooting - Multiple Casualties
(too old to reply)
Guilty Bastard
2018-02-14 23:27:12 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Expect to see the usual mandatory photos of strangers hugging one
another...

Florida shooting: 'horrific situation' as multiple fatalities confirmed
at high school
'At least' 14 victims reported at Marjory Stoneman Douglas high school

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2018/feb/14/florida-school-shooting-live-updates-latest-news-marjory-stoneman-douglas

Emergency helicopters are hovering overhead, and dozens of police squad
cars are blocking the road outside Stoneman Douglas high school.

Family members have congregated underneath an archway beside the school,
anxiously waiting for their children who remained inside.

By Wednesday evening, the Swat operation to clear the high school, which
enrolls close to 3,000 pupils, was still ongoing.

A 15 year-old student who did not want to be named told the Guardian he
had been in the same building where the gunman opened fire.

"I heard three gunshots," the student said. "And then some more down the
corridor. We shut our classroom door and stood to the side of it so we
wouldn't be seen. Twenty minutes later, the police broke in through the
glass."

"I was terrified," the student added.
l***@fl.it
2018-02-15 00:11:16 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 19:27:12 -0400, Guilty Bastard
<***@getaway.car> wrote:

>Expect to see the usual mandatory photos of strangers hugging one
>another...
>
>Florida shooting: 'horrific situation' as multiple fatalities confirmed
>at high school
>'At least' 14 victims reported at Marjory Stoneman Douglas high school
>
>https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2018/feb/14/florida-school-shooting-live-updates-latest-news-marjory-stoneman-douglas
>
>Emergency helicopters are hovering overhead, and dozens of police squad
>cars are blocking the road outside Stoneman Douglas high school.
>
>Family members have congregated underneath an archway beside the school,
>anxiously waiting for their children who remained inside.
>
>By Wednesday evening, the Swat operation to clear the high school, which
>enrolls close to 3,000 pupils, was still ongoing.
>
>A 15 year-old student who did not want to be named told the Guardian he
>had been in the same building where the gunman opened fire.
>
>"I heard three gunshots," the student said. "And then some more down the
>corridor. We shut our classroom door and stood to the side of it so we
>wouldn't be seen. Twenty minutes later, the police broke in through the
>glass."
>
>"I was terrified," the student added.

Tell me again why Americans fall pawns to the NRA? How many kids
will it take to alter things ?
c***@aol.com
2018-02-15 00:22:01 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
What’s your solution?
Guilty Bastard
2018-02-15 00:30:01 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 02/14/2018 08:11 PM, ***@fl.it wrote:
> Tell me again why Americans fall pawns to the NRA? How many kids
> will it take to alter things?

It depends on how many of the victims are children of NRA members.

"The sheriff has just confirmed that 17 people are dead.
The suspect was identified as 19-year-old Nikolaus Cruz."

- Twelve victims were killed in the building, two just outside, one in
the street and two died in hospital.

- The suspect Nikolaus Cruz, 19, was expelled from the school for
disciplinary reasons.

- He had countless magazines and an AR-15 rifle.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/963878055969198080
l***@fl.it
2018-02-15 00:36:28 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 20:30:01 -0400, Guilty Bastard
<***@getaway.car> wrote:

>On 02/14/2018 08:11 PM, ***@fl.it wrote:
>> Tell me again why Americans fall pawns to the NRA? How many kids
>> will it take to alter things?
>
>It depends on how many of the victims are children of NRA members.
>
>"The sheriff has just confirmed that 17 people are dead.
>The suspect was identified as 19-year-old Nikolaus Cruz."
>
>- Twelve victims were killed in the building, two just outside, one in
>the street and two died in hospital.
>
>- The suspect Nikolaus Cruz, 19, was expelled from the school for
>disciplinary reasons.
>
>- He had countless magazines and an AR-15 rifle.
>
>https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/963878055969198080

That's two faced of Trump considering he supports the NRA.

I fail to understand that whatever #amendment. The way I read it once
it didn't really seem to mean everyone today should have a right to
all the guns they wished, every other country has limitations but I
suppose now it's a bit late, the horse has bolted from the stable.

I really feel for all the parents :(
Mack A. Damia
2018-02-15 13:26:59 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 7:36:32 PM UTC-5, ***@fl.it
wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 20:30:01 -0400, Guilty Bastard
> <***@getaway.car> wrote:
>
> >On 02/14/2018 08:11 PM, ***@fl.it wrote:
> >> Tell me again why Americans fall pawns to the NRA? How many kids
> >> will it take to alter things?
> >
> >It depends on how many of the victims are children of NRA members.
> >
> >"The sheriff has just confirmed that 17 people are dead.
> >The suspect was identified as 19-year-old Nikolaus Cruz."
> >
> >- Twelve victims were killed in the building, two just outside, one
in
> >the street and two died in hospital.
> >
> >- The suspect Nikolaus Cruz, 19, was expelled from the school for
> >disciplinary reasons.
> >
> >- He had countless magazines and an AR-15 rifle.
> >
> >https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/963878055969198080
>
> That's two faced of Trump considering he supports the NRA.
>
> I fail to understand that whatever #amendment. The way I read it
once
> it didn't really seem to mean everyone today should have a right to
> all the guns they wished, every other country has limitations but I
> suppose now it's a bit late, the horse has bolted from the stable.
>
> I really feel for all the parents :(

Shut the fuck up you stupid Italian cunt. It has nothing to do with
Trump. This kind of shit happened under your hero Obozo and Clintard.

Every other country is not the United States so fuck off you slimy
piece of shit. You should worry about the scum in your country and
it's filthy history of failure, beyotch.
l***@fl.it
2018-02-15 14:31:27 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 14:26:59 +0100 (CET), "Mack A. Damia"
<***@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 7:36:32 PM UTC-5, ***@fl.it
>wrote:
>> On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 20:30:01 -0400, Guilty Bastard
>> <***@getaway.car> wrote:
>>
>> >On 02/14/2018 08:11 PM, ***@fl.it wrote:
>> >> Tell me again why Americans fall pawns to the NRA? How many kids
>> >> will it take to alter things?
>> >
>> >It depends on how many of the victims are children of NRA members.
>> >
>> >"The sheriff has just confirmed that 17 people are dead.
>> >The suspect was identified as 19-year-old Nikolaus Cruz."
>> >
>> >- Twelve victims were killed in the building, two just outside, one
>in
>> >the street and two died in hospital.
>> >
>> >- The suspect Nikolaus Cruz, 19, was expelled from the school for
>> >disciplinary reasons.
>> >
>> >- He had countless magazines and an AR-15 rifle.
>> >
>> >https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/963878055969198080
>>
>> That's two faced of Trump considering he supports the NRA.
>>
>> I fail to understand that whatever #amendment. The way I read it
>once
>> it didn't really seem to mean everyone today should have a right to
>> all the guns they wished, every other country has limitations but I
>> suppose now it's a bit late, the horse has bolted from the stable.
>>
>> I really feel for all the parents :(
>
>Shut the fuck up you stupid Italian cunt. It has nothing to do with
>Trump. This kind of shit happened under your hero Obozo and Clintard.

Obama tried hard after Sandy Hook to get some changes but found
himself up against the NRA. Anyway, if you want to be taken
seriously, clean up your potty mouth.
c***@aol.com
2018-02-15 14:37:32 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Please name the changes that Obama proposed that would’ve prevented Sandy Hook. I’ll wait.
l***@fl.it
2018-02-15 16:03:35 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 06:37:32 -0800 (PST), ***@aol.com wrote:

>Please name the changes that Obama proposed that would’ve prevented Sandy Hook. I’ll wait.

If you read what I said it was that he TRIED to bring changes AFTER
Sandy Hook but the NRA put paid to that.

This is part of the problem when you allow politics to over rule
common sense. Selling guns to young mentally liable men, is not the
way to go.
c***@aol.com
2018-02-15 18:24:20 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Yes and I asked you to name the changes he TRIED to enact that would have prevented the tragedy. Can you name just one?
Sarah Ehrett
2018-02-20 23:06:51 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 12:03:35 -0400, ***@fl.it wrote:

>On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 06:37:32 -0800 (PST), ***@aol.com wrote:
>
>>Please name the changes that Obama proposed that would’ve prevented Sandy Hook. I’ll wait.
>
>If you read what I said it was that he TRIED to bring changes AFTER
>Sandy Hook but the NRA put paid to that.
>
>This is part of the problem when you allow politics to over rule
>common sense. Selling guns to young mentally liable men, is not the
>way to go.

The Sandy Hook shooter didn't buy any gun. Perhaps you should pay
more attention to the facts at hand since every post of yours in this
thread has incorrect information.
Dresden Houndiearfums
2018-02-16 13:01:42 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 15-Feb-18 17:01, Nil wrote:
> On 15 Feb 2018, P-Dub <***@gmail.com> wrote in
> rec.music.beatles:
>
>> The shooter, Nicholas Cruz, was a staunch democrat and
>> Trump-hater. He is pictured in a t-shirt showing communists as
>> heroes.
>>
>> He was a leftist whack job.
>>
>> http://i.4cdn.org/pol/1518652029309.jpg?__cf_waf_tk__=006710002lc7x
>> p6PdqI_owEXpV75GKgbPFe4
>
> Boy, you'll slurp up anything Breitbart and Alex Jones feeds you. Do
> communists usually wear Dixie cups on their heads?
>
> https://www.snopes.com/florida-shooter-antifa-shirt/
>
> Don't you ever bother to check your "facts" before re-spewing them?
>
> The madman was not a staunch anything, except maybe a budding
> neo-Nazi:

Oh Nil if only you could have appeared in Florida to stop the killing.
You would have been able to strike that weasel down with your incredible
super powers and everyone would have been saved.
Defiant
2018-02-16 15:55:22 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 15-Feb-18 08:26, Mack A. Damia wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 7:36:32 PM UTC-5, ***@fl.it
> wrote:
>> On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 20:30:01 -0400, Guilty Bastard
>> <***@getaway.car> wrote:
>>
>>> On 02/14/2018 08:11 PM, ***@fl.it wrote:
>>>> Tell me again why Americans fall pawns to the NRA? How many kids
>>>> will it take to alter things?
>>>
>>> It depends on how many of the victims are children of NRA members.
>>>
>>> "The sheriff has just confirmed that 17 people are dead.
>>> The suspect was identified as 19-year-old Nikolaus Cruz."
>>>
>>> - Twelve victims were killed in the building, two just outside, one
> in
>>> the street and two died in hospital.
>>>
>>> - The suspect Nikolaus Cruz, 19, was expelled from the school for
>>> disciplinary reasons.
>>>
>>> - He had countless magazines and an AR-15 rifle.
>>>
>>> https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/963878055969198080
>>
>> That's two faced of Trump considering he supports the NRA.
>>
>> I fail to understand that whatever #amendment. The way I read it
> once
>> it didn't really seem to mean everyone today should have a right to
>> all the guns they wished, every other country has limitations but I
>> suppose now it's a bit late, the horse has bolted from the stable.
>>
>> I really feel for all the parents :(
>
> Shut the fuck up you stupid Italian cunt. It has nothing to do with
> Trump. This kind of shit happened under your hero Obozo and Clintard.
>
> Every other country is not the United States so fuck off you slimy
> piece of shit. You should worry about the scum in your country and
> it's filthy history of failure, beyotch.

Another typical racist remark by a trumptard.

When we the brown folks and rainbow people take over Congress later
this year, impeachment hearings will start against the orange turd as
fast as you can say Martin Luther King.

We will remove the orange turd from office, restore King Obama's
regulations, make Spanish an official language. outlaw all firearms and
mandate rainbow representation in Congress.

And that is just the start. Liberals will rule this country and make
America liberal again.

You trumptards can savor your carnage now but the end is nigh for your
racist festivals you pigs. All you will have left are your film clips
of Hitler rallies.
benj
2018-02-16 21:42:52 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 2/16/2018 10:55 AM, Defiant wrote:
> On 15-Feb-18 08:26, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>> On Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 7:36:32 PM UTC-5, ***@fl.it
>> wrote:
>>> On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 20:30:01 -0400, Guilty Bastard
>>> <***@getaway.car> wrote:
>>>
>>>> On 02/14/2018 08:11 PM, ***@fl.it wrote:
>>>>> Tell me again why Americans fall pawns to the NRA? How many kids
>>>>> will it take to alter things?
>>>>
>>>> It depends on how many of the victims are children of NRA members.
>>>>
>>>> "The sheriff has just confirmed that 17 people are dead.
>>>> The suspect was identified as 19-year-old Nikolaus Cruz."
>>>>
>>>> - Twelve victims were killed in the building, two just outside, one
>> in
>>>> the street and two died in hospital.
>>>>
>>>> - The suspect Nikolaus Cruz, 19, was expelled from the school for
>>>> disciplinary reasons.
>>>>
>>>> - He had countless magazines and an AR-15 rifle.
>>>>
>>>> https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/963878055969198080
>>>
>>> That's two faced of Trump considering he supports the NRA.
>>>
>>> I fail to understand that whatever #amendment. The way I read it
>> once
>>> it didn't really seem to mean everyone today should have a right to
>>> all the guns they wished, every other country has limitations but I
>>> suppose now it's a bit late, the horse has bolted from the stable.
>>>
>>> I really feel for all the parents :(
>>
>> Shut the fuck up you stupid Italian cunt. It has nothing to do with
>> Trump. This kind of shit happened under your hero Obozo and Clintard.
>>
>> Every other country is not the United States so fuck off you slimy
>> piece of shit. You should worry about the scum in your country and
>> it's filthy history of failure, beyotch.
>
> Another typical racist remark by a trumptard.
>
> When we the brown folks and rainbow people take over Congress later
> this year, impeachment hearings will start against the orange turd as
> fast as you can say Martin Luther King.
>
> We will remove the orange turd from office, restore King Obama's
> regulations, make Spanish an official language. outlaw all firearms and
> mandate rainbow representation in Congress.
>
> And that is just the start. Liberals will rule this country and make
> America liberal again.

By appointing Hillary Queen of America! Hey, Trump did treason with the
Russians (selling uranium doesn't count) and that means the election was
not valid. So liberals can roll back the clock. Put Hillary in the Oval
office remove Gorsuch from the SC and appoint a justice who will make
the majority to remove the 2nd Amendment and all school shootings from
history forever! And that is the future!

> You trumptards can savor your carnage now but the end is nigh for your
> racist festivals you pigs. All you will have left are your film clips
> of Hitler rallies.

And then the time will be right to gather up all deplorables. WE may not
have the wonderful work camps in Sibera like comrade Stalin, but we can
easily ship them all to camps in Alaska and put them to work tearing out
the oil rigs and pipelines!

You da man, Bro!
Bryan Styble
2018-02-18 04:24:44 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
I haven't seen anyone in the media as yet note that Cruz, based on the footage of his back-porch target practice, is left-handed, or at least prefers that one as his shooting hand.

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
Kenny McCormack
2018-02-18 07:44:10 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
In article <8d3d7143-3b4e-41aa-b85f-***@googlegroups.com>,
Bryan Styble <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>I haven't seen anyone in the media as yet note that Cruz, based on the
>footage of his back-porch target practice, is left-handed, or at least
>prefers that one as his shooting hand.

Nor has there been any mention of his blood type.

Or the length of his right pinky finger.

--
I am not a troll.
Rick C. Hodgin
I am not a crook.
Rick M. Nixon
Bryan Styble
2018-02-18 14:20:49 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
I appreciate your taking the trouble to respond, Sir McCormack; aside from your sarcastic ridicule and nasty tone, you seem to also imply that handedness is absolutely irrelevant.

As someone cursed with being left-handed (though right-footed) myself, the odd behavioral circumstance has always struck me as something worth noting, since apparently* only about 15% of the American male population are lefties, and a mere 5% or so of women are so unfortunate to be so inherently, all-but-unalterably physically out-of-step with our engineered society.

Oh, you may be unaware that that Milhousian quote you cite is actually a slight MISquote: what he actually so famously said down here at that Disney World presser on Saturday, November 17, 1973 was "I'm not a crook", though in fact, of course, he quite arguably was indeed one.

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
_____________________________________________
* For various reasons, definitional and other, reliable statistics on handedness are difficult to marshal both here and in Europe.
Kenny McCormack
2018-02-18 14:59:31 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
In article <3bade877-f774-4b8b-aa7c-***@googlegroups.com>,
Bryan Styble <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>I appreciate your taking the trouble to respond, Sir McCormack; aside from
>your sarcastic ridicule and nasty tone, you seem to also imply that
>handedness is absolutely irrelevant.

Thank you! You know how to say all the right things.

>As someone cursed with being left-handed (though right-footed) myself, the
>odd behavioral circumstance has always struck me as something worth
>noting, since apparently* only about 15% of the American male population
>are lefties, and a mere 5% or so of women are so unfortunate to be so
>inherently, all-but-unalterably physically out-of-step with our engineered
>society.

And yet, not counting the illegally elected and soon to be booted out and
removed from the record books Orange Baboon, the last 3 presidents have all
been lefties.

>Oh, you may be unaware that that Milhousian quote you cite is actually a
>slight MISquote: what he actually so famously said down here at that
>Disney World presser on Saturday, November 17, 1973 was "I'm not a crook",
>though in fact, of course, he quite arguably was indeed one.

Could you pick that nit a little harder???

Actually, the point of that sig has little to do with Nixon.
It is actually a dig at Mr. Hodgin.

(You would have to read comp.lang.c to get the joke)

--
Which of these is the crazier bit of right wing lunacy?
1) We've just had another mass shooting; now is not the time to be talking about gun control.

2) We've just had a massive hurricane; now is not the time to be talking about climate change.
c***@aol.com
2018-02-18 20:34:04 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Illegally elected? Just when one thinks you can’t be a bigger dumbass. You sure couldn’t pass a background check.
Sarah Ehrett
2018-02-20 23:06:06 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 20:36:28 -0400, ***@fl.it wrote:

>
>I fail to understand that whatever #amendment. The way I read it once
>it didn't really seem to mean everyone today should have a right to
>all the guns they wished,

We already have gun laws which limit sales of guns to certain
individuals. This shooting was a failure of the system in place to
follow up on at least two reports that the shooter was dangerous.
That is not a "guns fault" issue. This is a people fault issue,
specifically the people who knew and reported the shooter and the
people who didn't bother to follow up on the reports.

>every other country has limitations but I
>suppose now it's a bit late, the horse has bolted from the stable.
David Carson
2018-02-20 23:17:25 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 18:06:06 -0500, Sarah Ehrett <***@cox.net>
wrote:

>On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 20:36:28 -0400, ***@fl.it wrote:
>
>>
>>I fail to understand that whatever #amendment. The way I read it once
>>it didn't really seem to mean everyone today should have a right to
>>all the guns they wished,
>
>We already have gun laws which limit sales of guns to certain
>individuals. This shooting was a failure of the system in place to
>follow up on at least two reports that the shooter was dangerous.
>That is not a "guns fault" issue. This is a people fault issue,
>specifically the people who knew and reported the shooter and the
>people who didn't bother to follow up on the reports.

To be fair, the people whose job it is to follow up on this stuff have
been pretty busy whitesashing Hillary Clinton's crimes and peddling fake
"dossiers" to the FISA court. You can't expect them to be distracted with
things like public safety.

David Carson
--
Dead or Alive Data Base
http://www.doadb.com
Jason
2018-02-15 10:40:12 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 6:30:04 PM UTC-6, Guilty Bastard wrote:

>
> - The suspect Nikolaus Cruz, 19, was expelled from the school for
> disciplinary reasons.
>
> - He had countless magazines and an AR-15 rifle.
>
> https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/963878055969198080

How did this guy - expelled from the school and a known troublemaker - get inside the school with "countless magazines and an AR-15 rifle"?? A school with 3000 students and no better security than that?
Bryan Styble
2018-02-15 11:20:41 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
If this murderous punk wasn't likely another one of those staggeringly-ignorant know-nothing millennials...

I'd have presumed he was trying to go down in history as the guy who out-Caponed Capone, given that the Thursday St. Valentine's Day Massacre in 1929 only killed a mere 7, not the 17 this jerk pulled off 89 years later on a Wednesday.

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
Alfalfa Bill
2018-02-15 01:54:42 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 6:11:20 PM UTC-6, ***@fl.it wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 19:27:12 -0400, Guilty Bastard
> <***@getaway.car> wrote:
>
> >Expect to see the usual mandatory photos of strangers hugging one
> >another...
> >
> >Florida shooting: 'horrific situation' as multiple fatalities confirmed
> >at high school
> >'At least' 14 victims reported at Marjory Stoneman Douglas high school
> >
> >https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2018/feb/14/florida-school-shooting-live-updates-latest-news-marjory-stoneman-douglas
> >
> >Emergency helicopters are hovering overhead, and dozens of police squad
> >cars are blocking the road outside Stoneman Douglas high school.
> >
> >Family members have congregated underneath an archway beside the school,
> >anxiously waiting for their children who remained inside.
> >
> >By Wednesday evening, the Swat operation to clear the high school, which
> >enrolls close to 3,000 pupils, was still ongoing.
> >
> >A 15 year-old student who did not want to be named told the Guardian he
> >had been in the same building where the gunman opened fire.
> >
> >"I heard three gunshots," the student said. "And then some more down the
> >corridor. We shut our classroom door and stood to the side of it so we
> >wouldn't be seen. Twenty minutes later, the police broke in through the
> >glass."
> >
> >"I was terrified," the student added.
>
> Tell me again why Americans fall pawns to the NRA? How many kids
> will it take to alter things ?


Alter things? Nothing will change. This is the new normal. It will become so banal that television will skip the standard clips of police deploying and kids running out with their hands up. All we will see is a talking head saying that today's school shooting was at a high school in Nashville and it was a 12 body bagger.
c***@aol.com
2018-02-15 03:16:39 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
In other words, you have no solutions, admit you don’t understand the US constitution. You just like to bitch like a pussy I guess.
W.C. Green
2018-02-15 04:26:04 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 2/14/2018 7:11 PM, ***@fl.it wrote:

>
> Tell me again why Americans fall pawns to the NRA?

Tell me again how the NRA (or anyone else) is giving guns to disturbed
people.

> How many kids will it take to alter things ?

As many as it takes to get students and parents and teachers, etc. to
start reporting disturbed, dangerous people to the appropriate
authorities instead of making excuses or ignoring them.

Thank you for spelling "alter" correctly
David Carson
2018-02-15 15:08:47 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 20:11:16 -0400, ***@fl.it wrote:

>Tell me again why Americans fall pawns to the NRA? How many kids
>will it take to alter things ?

I hadn't heard that the shooter was connected to the NRA.
Meteorite Debris
2018-02-15 03:17:48 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
In article <p62gke$d8c$***@gioia.aioe.org>, ***@getaway.car says...
>
> Expect to see the usual mandatory photos of strangers hugging one
> another...
>
> Florida shooting: 'horrific situation' as multiple fatalities confirmed
> at high school
> 'At least' 14 victims reported at Marjory Stoneman Douglas high school
>
> https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2018/feb/14/florida-school-shooting-live-updates-latest-news-marjory-stoneman-douglas
>
> Emergency helicopters are hovering overhead, and dozens of police squad
> cars are blocking the road outside Stoneman Douglas high school.
>
> Family members have congregated underneath an archway beside the school,
> anxiously waiting for their children who remained inside.
>
> By Wednesday evening, the Swat operation to clear the high school, which
> enrolls close to 3,000 pupils, was still ongoing.
>
> A 15 year-old student who did not want to be named told the Guardian he
> had been in the same building where the gunman opened fire.
>
> "I heard three gunshots," the student said. "And then some more down the
> corridor. We shut our classroom door and stood to the side of it so we
> wouldn't be seen. Twenty minutes later, the police broke in through the
> glass."
>
> "I was terrified," the student added.

'nother day,'nother shooting.
Guilty Bastard
2018-02-15 11:45:59 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
A short video taken by a student while it happened...
https://twitter.com/hashtag/floridahighschoolshooting?src=hash
Loading...