John Dunsworth, Canadian actor on "Trailer Park Boys"
Robert Catt
2017-10-17 14:28:44 UTC
John Dunsworth, a Nova Scotia actor best known as the irreverent trailer
park supervisor Jim Lahey, has died at the age of 71. Dunsworth played Mr.
Lahey on “Trailer Park Boys”, and is also known for his portrayal of Dave
Teagues in the series “Haven”. "With heavy and broken hearts the family of
John F. Dunsworth would like to let people know that our amazing husband,
father and grandfather John Dunsworth has passed away," his daughter Sarah
Dunsworth said in a statement to CBC News. "John left this world peacefully
after a short and unexpected illness," her statement said. Born in
Bridgewater, N.S., he was a part in the Nova Scotia theatre and acting
community for decades. While growing up in Halifax, Dunsworth "didn't have
the foggiest notion" he would become an actor, he once told CBC's “At the
Table”. He moved to Toronto in the mid-'60s, and began performing on stage
while attending the University of Guelph. "I decided then and there that I
don't care if I go broke in my life, I am going to be an actor, because I
love to live in other people's shoes and learn other [existences]," he told
CBC in the 2010 interview. He said he did everything from building sets to
voiceovers, but always believed in the potential of the film industry in
Nova Scotia. "We'd be way better off if we nurtured our own talent and
allowed it to flourish here," he said in 2010.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/john-dunsworth-beloved-actor-best-known-as-mr-lahey-has-died-1.4357370
l***@fl.it
2017-10-17 14:43:02 UTC
On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 10:28:44 -0400, "Robert Catt"
Post by Robert Catt
[...]
A really nice person, I knew him at the bridge table.