Verne Troyer, 49, actor (Mini-Me in "Austin Powers" movies)
2018-04-21 21:10:55 UTC
http://www.tmz.com/2018/04/21/verne-troyer-dead-at-49/
4/21/2018 1:09 PM PDT
Verne Troyer Dead at 49
EXCLUSIVE

Verne Troyer -- best known for playing Mini-Me in the 'Austin Powers' comedies, and for being one of the shortest men in the world -- has died.

Verne died Saturday, according to a statement from his family. We'd been told he was on some form of life support since being taken to the hospital earlier this month after cops got a report he was drunk and suicidal, and was treated for possible alcohol poisoning.

Verne's family says during the recent adversity, "he was baptized while surrounded by his family."

He also struggled with alcoholism for years and had been to rehab many times.

Troyer was born with the genetic disorder known as achondroplasia dwarfism, but said growing up on a farm in Michigan he was never treated differently by his parents than his average-sized siblings.

Verne began his Hollywood career in 1994 as a stunt double for Baby Bink in the film "Baby's Day Out." He then landed small roles in "Men in Black" and "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" ... before making it big as Mini-Me in 1999's "Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me."

He continued to land bit roles in comedies and appeared on many popular reality shows over the years ... like "Celebrity Juice," "Celebrity Wife Swap," and "The Surreal Life."

Verne was 49.

RIP

© 2018 EHM PRODUCTIONS,INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
That Derek
2018-04-21 22:25:49 UTC
In 2000, there was a short-lived syndicated TV sitcom titled "Jack of All Trades," courtesy of the Hercules/Xena people. Said programme involved the exploits of a spy (Bruce Campbell) during the Jefferson0an-era early 1800s; Campbell often broke the fourth wall by addressing the TV audience as if he were a 1940s Bob Hope film.

There was an episode where President Jefferson was to welcome a visiting Napoleon Bonaparte, an historically diminutive man, who was portrayed by "Mini-Me" himself ... Verne Troyer!
c***@aol.com
2018-04-21 23:24:07 UTC
2018-04-21 23:41:10 UTC
In 2000, there was a short-lived syndicated TV sitcom titled "Jack of All Trades," courtesy of the Hercules/Xena people. Said programme involved the exploits of a spy (Bruce Campbell) during the Jefferson0an-era early 1800s; Campbell often broke the fourth wall by addressing the TV audience as if he were a 1940s Bob Hope film.
There was an episode where President Jefferson was to welcome a
visiting Napoleon Bonaparte, an historically diminutive man, who was
portrayed by "Mini-Me" himself ... Verne Troyer!
Apparently the historical Napoleon was of average height but liked
to be surrounded by tall generals.

2018-04-21 23:52:31 UTC
Which developed into a recurring role....r
J.D. Baldwin
2018-04-22 00:08:22 UTC
There was an episode where President Jefferson was to welcome a
visiting Napoleon Bonaparte, an historically diminutive man, who was
portrayed by "Mini-Me" himself ... Verne Troyer!
Napoleon was of at least slightly above average height for men of his
time. His bodyguards were likely large men, which may have made him
seem shorter by comparison. It's most likely that his political
enemies spread the story that he was a very short man in order to
undermine his authority.

There is a story that goes around that he was "short" because of a
misunderstanding by the British of some French unit of measure. But
that doesn't explain why he was spoken of as a short man in France at
the time, which he definitely was.
2018-04-22 04:19:34 UTC
SOUPY SEZ:

"You show me an explosion in a bakery, and I'll show you a Napoleon blown apart!"

(It was a joke on the back of the mid-1960s Soupy Sales trading card series).
Kenny McCormack
2018-04-22 06:19:35 UTC
"You show me an explosion in a bakery, and I'll show you a Napoleon blown apart!"
(It was a joke on the back of the mid-1960s Soupy Sales trading card series).
I think a better version of this basic joke is that when your kitchen tiles
explode, that's linoleum blown apart.
http://user.xmission.com/~gazelle/Sigs/TedCruz
d***@agent.com
2018-04-24 21:22:29 UTC
"You show me an explosion in a bakery, and I'll show you a Napoleon blown apart!"
(It was a joke on the back of the mid-1960s Soupy Sales trading card series).
Milton Supman was born in Franklinton, NC, to Irving Supman
& Sadie Berman. His father, a Jewish dry goods merchant,
had emigrated from Hungary in 1894.

His was the only Jewish family in the town;
Sales joked that local Ku Klux Klan members bought the
sheets used for their robes from his father's store.

Sales got his nickname from his family. His older brothers
had been nicknamed "Ham Bone" & "Chicken Bone."
Milton was dubbed "Soup Bone," later shortened to "Soupy".

Michael OConnor
2018-04-22 07:23:18 UTC
NSFW

J.D. Baldwin