Danny Kirwan, 68, UK guitarist, early/formative "Fleetwood Mac"
2018-06-09 14:58:55 UTC
https://www.loudersound.com/news/fleetwood-mac-guitarist-danny-kirwan-dies-aged-68

Fleetwood Mac guitarist Danny Kirwan dies, aged 68

By Scott Rowley 2018-06-09T11:28:44.159Z News

Mick Fleetwood pays tribute to guitarist who "was a huge force in our early years".

Former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Danny Kirwan has died. His death was reported by Mick Fleetwood via Facebook.

In a tribute headed "Danny Kirwan May 13, 1950 – June 8, 2018", Fleetwood wrote, "Today was greeted by the sad news of the passing of Danny Kirwan in London, England. Danny was a huge force in our early years. His love for the Blues led him to being asked to join Fleetwood Mac in 1968, where he made his musical home for many years.

"Danny’s true legacy, in my mind, will forever live on in the music he wrote and played so beautifully as a part of the foundation of Fleetwood Mac, that has now endured for over fifty years.

"Thank you, Danny Kirwan. You will forever be missed!

" ~Mick Fleetwood and Fleetwood Mac"

The cause of death is unknown at this time.
Bermuda999
He forgot to mention that he kicked Kirwan out of Fleetwood Mac for his alcoholism, violent rages and psychological issues. There are those who blame his mental disintegration on the same LSD batch that unraveled Fleetwood Mac founder Peter Green. They supposedly took the same acid at the same time at a commune in Munich in 1970. Over the next two decades he was homeless for several periods.
That Derek
2018-06-09 16:15:26 UTC
IIRC there was another early Mac-er who disappeared during a recording session and was found weeks later living in an Eastern religion monastery?

Could anybody flesh out these sketchy details?
Rick B.
2018-06-09 18:00:25 UTC
IIRC there was another early Mac-er who disappeared during a recording
session and was found weeks later living in an Eastern religion
monastery?
Could anybody flesh out these sketchy details?
You may be thinking of Jeremy Spencer, who, while on tour with the band in
Los Angeles in 1971 went shopping at a bookstore and never returned. After a
few days it turned out that he had joined the Children of God,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Spencer