[OT] Eternal September on new server
Larc
2017-09-05 14:41:01 UTC
For those who use Eternal September for Usenet and have been having problems, I found
they are on a new server. The new address is

reader.eternal-september.org (176.9.11.100)

The old address is still supposed to work, but I wasn't able to connect last night or
today. The new address works perfectly.

Larc
David Carson
2017-09-05 21:56:46 UTC
Post by Larc
For those who use Eternal September for Usenet and have been having problems, I found
they are on a new server. The new address is
reader.eternal-september.org (176.9.11.100)
The old address is still supposed to work, but I wasn't able to connect last night or
today. The new address works perfectly.
I just found that out today, too - a few seconds ago, in fact. I hadn't
been able to get on for over 24 hours, but when I changed to
reader.eternal-september.org, I got on right away.
Steve Hayes
2017-09-06 03:55:01 UTC
Post by David Carson
Post by Larc
The old address is still supposed to work, but I wasn't able to connect last night or
today. The new address works perfectly.
I just found that out today, too - a few seconds ago, in fact. I hadn't
been able to get on for over 24 hours, but when I changed to
reader.eternal-september.org, I got on right away.
I haven't had any problems with the old address... yet.
--
Steve Hayes
http://www.khanya.org.za/stevesig.htm
http://khanya.wordpress.com
s***@gmail.com
Mine was always fine, but not today. I changed the name to the new name and it still doesn't connect (error 10061). The IP address is the same (176.9.11.100) so I don't think the name matters.
David Carson
2017-09-07 02:19:18 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Larc
For those who use Eternal September for Usenet and have been having problems, I found
they are on a new server. The new address is
reader.eternal-september.org (176.9.11.100)
The old address is still supposed to work, but I wasn't able to connect last night or
today. The new address works perfectly.
Larc
Mine was always fine, but not today. I changed the name to the new name and it still doesn't connect (error 10061). The IP address is the same (176.9.11.100) so I don't think the name matters.
It did matter at that time. Their home page has an announcement about a
new server and a DNS change, but as of today, they appear to have a new
problem that they haven't posted a message about. According to their
"server status" page, the server is up, but according to their traffic
graphs, the usage of the server for the last 12 hours has been a fraction
of what it normally is. Hopefully, they see they have a problem. In the
meantime, I'm using nntp.aioe.org. It's free and doesn't require an
account.

Dead or Alive Data Base
http://www.doadb.com