Glenne Headly, actress, 63 (Dick Tracy, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels)
2017-06-09 15:37:47 UTC
http://deadline.com/2017/06/glenne-headly-dies-actress-steppenwolf-theater-company-original-member-1202110180/
Actress Glenne Headly Has Passed Away; Was Shooting Hulu Series ‘Future Man’
by Mike Fleming Jr
June 9, 2017 7:07am

BREAKING: Glenne Headly, the Emmy-nominated actress and originating member of the Steppenwolf Theatre company, passed away last night at age 63. Her reps have confirmed this, but I have no cause of death to report at the moment. She was in production on the Hulu series Future Man, and the show’s executives were notified last night of her passing. Cause of death is still being determined.

“It is with deep sorrow that we confirm the passing of Glenne Headly,” her reps said in a statement. “We ask that her family’s privacy be respected in this difficult time.”

Headly is survived by her husband Byron McCulloch and son Stirling.

She began on the stage in productions including Extremities with Susan Sarandon, and alongside Kevin Kline and Raul Julia in Arms & The Man, which was directed by her ex-husband John Malkovich. She began starring in TV and films, and was Emmy nominated for Lonesome Dove before costarring alongside Michael Caine and Steve Martin in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and Warren Beatty in Dick Tracy. Other credits include Mr. Holland’s Opus, Mortal Thoughts, 2 Days in the Valley and Monk. She has worked sparingly in recent years as she devoted more time to her family.

Copyright © 2017 Penske Business Media, LLC. All rights reserved.
l***@yahoo.com
2017-06-09 16:38:55 UTC
before costarring alongside Michael Caine and Steve Martin in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and Warren Beatty in Dick Tracy.

I saw those two plus Purple Rose of Cairo (she was a hooker). I think I remember her in ER. Even so, I didn't really connect the name with the roles.

What I REALLY remember her for is the 1988 low-key horror film Paperhouse, even though the little girl's role was clearly more important! But then, the movie itself certainly sticks in one's memory. Also, the first time I saw the poster for it -

- I started wondering: "Does this have anything to do with Pink Floyd?" Of course, it didn't.

2017-06-09 16:39:36 UTC
Forgot to say: The IMDb claims she was 62.
t***@iwvisp.com
2017-06-09 17:55:14 UTC
Post by Diner
before costarring alongside Michael Caine and Steve Martin in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and Warren Beatty in Dick Tracy.
I saw those two plus Purple Rose of Cairo (she was a hooker). I think I remember her in ER. Even so, I didn't really connect the name with the roles.
What I REALLY remember her for is the 1988 low-key horror film Paperhouse, even though the little girl's role was clearly more important! But then, the movie itself certainly sticks in one's memory. Also, the first time I saw the poster for it -
https://hzdb.net/assets/img/works/paperhouse/poster/1.jpg
- I started wondering: "Does this have anything to do with Pink Floyd?" Of course, it didn't.
Lenona.
Weird what we remember. I had seen her in multiple films and TV programs but when I read the Obit this morning the only thing that popped up was her uncredited cameo as a bartender in the 1998 X-FILES movie.

Ray
RH Draney
2017-06-10 03:21:13 UTC
Post by t***@iwvisp.com
Weird what we remember. I had seen her in multiple films and TV programs but when I read the Obit this morning the only thing that popped up was her uncredited cameo as a bartender in the 1998 X-FILES movie.
And what I got from hearing the news elsewhere wasn't any of her acting
credits, but that she was a member of Mensa....r

Michael OConnor
2017-06-09 22:47:35 UTC
Sad to hear of her passing. I remember her recurring role on Monk as the Police Captain's ex-wife.
David Carson
2017-06-10 00:09:30 UTC
Post by Diner
http://deadline.com/2017/06/glenne-headly-dies-actress-steppenwolf-theater-company-original-member-1202110180/
Actress Glenne Headly Has Passed Away; Was Shooting Hulu Series ‘Future Man’
It's Headly.
--
Dead or Alive Data Base
http://www.doadb.com