Elizabeth Baur, 69, TV actress (Ironside; Lancer; Batman '66)
2017-10-11 21:20:26 UTC
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/elizabeth-baur-dead-ironside-actress-was-69-1047822

Elizabeth Baur, Actress on 'Ironside,' Dies at 69

12:18 PM PDT 10/11/2017
by Mike Barnes

She portrayed Officer Fran Belding on the NBC crime series after starring on a CBS Western, 'Lancer.'

Elizabeth Baur, who helped Raymond Burr bring the bad guys to justice as Officer Fran Belding on the long-running NBC crime drama Ironside, has died. She was 69.

Baur died Sept. 30 in Los Angeles following a lengthy illness, publicist Paul Gendreau announced.

On Ironside, which starred Burr as a San Francisco police consultant who solves crimes from his wheelchair, Baur effectively stepped in for Barbara Anderson (as Eve Whitfield), who exited the show after the fourth season.

Belding's character was introduced when she helped Robert Ironside and his team nab the gamblers who had murdered her father. Baur went on to appear in 89 episodes over four seasons until the show's conclusion in 1975, then came back for the 1993 telefilm The Return of Ironside.

Earlier, Baur starred as Teresa O'Brien, the ward of a rancher (Andrew Duggan), for two seasons on the 1968-1970 CBS Western Lancer.

A native of Los Angeles, Baur began her career as a contract player at 20th Century Fox and appeared in the Tony Curtis film The Boston Strangler (1968). She then moved to Universal, where she continued her TV work until exiting the industry to raise her daughter, Lesley Worton, now a producer.

Baur also appeared on such shows as Batman, Daniel Boone, Room 222, Emergency!, Police Woman, Fantasy Island and Remington Steele.

Survivors also include her husband Steve and a first cousin, Cagney & Lacey star Sharon Gless.

A Friend
2017-10-11 22:49:53 UTC
Baur also appeared on such shows as Batman
She played "Fourth Policewoman" in the episode "Nora Clavicle and the
Ladies' Crime Club" (s3e19, near the end of the run). Two of the other
three policewomen were played by Alyce and Rhae Andrece, the identical
twins in the STAR TREK episode "I, Mudd." (Alyce died in 2005, Rhae in
2009.)

The "First Policewoman" was played by Jennifer Gan aka Ginny Gan, who
died in 2000.
Louis Epstein
2017-10-12 19:40:31 UTC
Post by A Friend
Post by That Derek
Baur also appeared on such shows as Batman
She played "Fourth Policewoman" in the episode "Nora Clavicle and the
Ladies' Crime Club" (s3e19, near the end of the run). Two of the other
three policewomen were played by Alyce and Rhae Andrece, the identical
twins in the STAR TREK episode "I, Mudd." (Alyce died in 2005, Rhae in
2009.)
Didn't "I,Mudd" use multiple sets of identical twins?
Post by A Friend
The "First Policewoman" was played by Jennifer Gan aka Ginny Gan, who
died in 2000.
Whoever sold that police department group life insurance may have lost
money.

2017-10-12 21:49:12 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by A Friend
Post by That Derek
Baur also appeared on such shows as Batman
She played "Fourth Policewoman" in the episode "Nora Clavicle and the
Ladies' Crime Club" (s3e19, near the end of the run). Two of the other
three policewomen were played by Alyce and Rhae Andrece, the identical
twins in the STAR TREK episode "I, Mudd." (Alyce died in 2005, Rhae in
2009.)
Didn't "I,Mudd" use multiple sets of identical twins?
Yes. Ted and Tom LeGarde played the Herman series; Colleen and Maureen
Thornton played the Barbara series; and Starr and Tamara Wilson played
the Maisie series. All of them were uncredited. The credits for the
actors who appeared as the Annabelle, Oscar and Trudy series (and
possibly others) appear to have been lost or ignored. I don't know if
any of the twins are still alive, but, given the record here, it's not
looking good.

BTW the actor who played Norman, who hijacked the Enterprise for Harry
Mudd, was not a twin. The actor, Richard Tatro, died in 1991 at the
age of 52. "I, Mudd" was his final TV appearance.
2017-10-15 23:42:10 UTC
Post by A Friend
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by A Friend
Post by That Derek
Baur also appeared on such shows as Batman
She played "Fourth Policewoman" in the episode "Nora Clavicle and the
Ladies' Crime Club" (s3e19, near the end of the run). Two of the other
three policewomen were played by Alyce and Rhae Andrece, the identical
twins in the STAR TREK episode "I, Mudd." (Alyce died in 2005, Rhae in
2009.)
Didn't "I,Mudd" use multiple sets of identical twins?
Yes. Ted and Tom LeGarde played the Herman series; Colleen and Maureen
Thornton played the Barbara series; and Starr and Tamara Wilson played
the Maisie series. All of them were uncredited. The credits for the
actors who appeared as the Annabelle, Oscar and Trudy series (and
possibly others) appear to have been lost or ignored. I don't know if
any of the twins are still alive, but, given the record here, it's not
looking good.
A shame.Some sets of identical twins have both lived past 100,so it's
not a biological problem.
Post by A Friend
BTW the actor who played Norman, who hijacked the Enterprise for Harry
Mudd, was not a twin.
The same with Stella,of course.
2017-10-16 03:00:16 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by A Friend
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by A Friend
Post by That Derek
[...]
One more thing: The Andrece twins were named Rhae Alice and Alice Rhae.
First-name Alice changed the spelling to Alyce in her teens.

That Derek
2017-10-12 22:01:58 UTC
Post by A Friend
She played "Fourth Policewoman" in the episode "Nora Clavicle and the
Ladies' Crime Club" ...

... which was arguably the WORST Batman TV episode EVAH (paraphrasing the Simpsons' Comic Book Guy).

It had the distinction of being the only episode without a Bat-fight ,,, but we can all overlook that letdown in exchange for seeing policewomen in 1968-styled mini-skirts.