Give us Kim family's DNA or no body, Malaysian police tell North Korea
Add Reply
Leroy N. Soetoro
2017-02-18 02:56:46 UTC
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/17/asia/kim-jong-nam-murder-questions/

(CNN)In the latest twist in the bizarre murder of Kim Jong Un's half-
brother, Malaysia says it won't release the body to North Korea without
DNA from the Kim family.

Selangor Police Chief Abdul Samah Mat said without DNA from a next of kin,
they won't hand over Kim Jong Nam's body or release the autopsy report,
which could reveal the cause of death.

But North Korea says it will "reject" the results of a "forced" autopsy
which was not witnessed by its officials, according to a statement from
the country's ambassador to Malaysia, Kang Chol. The ambassador demanded
the immediate release of the body.

Kim Jong Nam died after being attacked at Kuala Lumpur International
Airport on Monday. South Korean officials claim he was poisoned.

Three people have been arrested so far in relation to Kim's murder: an
Indonesian woman, a Malaysian man and another woman carrying Vietnamese
identification.

Four days after the killing, many questions remain unanswered. Here's what
we know so far.

What happened?
Kim was on his way to catch a flight Monday morning to see his family in
Macau, where he's lived since his departure from North Korea years ago.

The Chinese territory, a short ferry or helicopter ride from Hong Kong, is
a popular gambling destination with mainland Chinese.

The exact details of Kim's murder are sketchy but Selangor State Criminal
Investigations Department Chief Fadzil Ahmat told Reuters Kim "felt like
someone grabbed or held his face from behind."

Kim felt dizzy and immediately went to an airport customer assistance
counter, seeking medical help. They were concerned enough to take him to
the on-premises clinic.

An ambulance was called to take Kim to the hospital, but he died on the
way.

How was he killed?
No one is exactly sure how Kim died.

Initially, local media put forth reports of poison needles and deadly
sprays, but it wasn't even clear whether Kim was killed or had a heart
attack.

Then on Wednesday, South Korea's Lee Cheol Woo, the chairman of the
country's National Assembly Intelligence Committee, publicly declared Kim
had been murdered.

The car of ambassador of North Korea to Malaysia leaves the forensic
department at the hospital in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on Wednesday, Feb.
15.

Lee stated the former North Korean heir had been killed with poison by
"two Asian women." He didn't reveal how South Korea had discovered this or
what poison had been used in the killing.

The autopsy may have revealed more, but despite having been finished on
Wednesday, no results have been released.

As of yet, Deputy Prime Minister Hamidi said no next of kin had come
forward to claim the body.

Was North Korea involved?
No motive for the killing has been revealed, nor any explanation of how he
was poisoned.

South Korea's Lee told lawmakers on Wednesday that North Korea killed Kim
but, again, he didn't explain how he knew it.

"Pyongyang has been attempting to assassinate Kim Jong Nam for the past
five years," a South Korean legislator, Lee Chul Woo, told reporters
Wednesday. He didn't provide any evidence.

When asked about rumors that North Korea had been involved in Kim's death,
Malaysian Deputy Prime Minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi told a press conference
Thursday it was "only speculation."

North Korea has requested Kim's body, but Malaysian authorities said they
wouldn't release it until investigations are complete. The North Korean
ambassador's statement said Malaysia initially told consular officials
that Kim died of a heart attack on the way to a hospital.

North Korea accused Malaysia of "collusion with the hostile forces towards
our government."

Who did it?

Grainy security video from the airport at the time of Kim's killing showed
two young female suspects. One of the women is seen wearing a blue skirt
and white t-shirt with "LOL" written on it.

The first woman was arrested on Wednesday morning at Kuala Lumpur
International Airport, two days after the attack. She was carrying
Vietnamese documents, which said her name was Doan Thi Huong and gave her
age as 30.

Later that evening, 26-year-old Malaysian Muhammad Farid Bin Jalaluddin
was taken into custody. Police said he was arrested to assist in their
investigations.

At 2 a.m. on Thursday, Jalaluddin led investigators to his girlfriend, 25-
year-old Indonesian Siti Aishah, who was then arrested on suspicion of
being involved in Kim's death. No charges have been laid.

A photo of security footage shows a suspect wearing a shirt with "LOL" on
it in Sepang, Malaysia, on Monday, February 13.

Who was Kim Jong Nam?
If things had gone differently, Kim Jong Nam could have been the leader of
North Korea.

Kim Jong Nam (R) with his father, former North Korean leader Kim Jong Il
(L), according to CNN-affiliate KBS.

Born in 1971, he was the first son of then-North Korean leader Kim Jong
Il.

His mother was one of the dictator's favored mistresses, actress Song Hye-
rim, and for a while Kim Jong Nam was the most public of his father's
sons.

But in 2001 he reportedly lost the elder Kim's favor when he tried to use
forged documents to visit Tokyo Disneyland.

Kim Jong Nam, left, was the half-brother of North Korea's leader Kim Jong
Un, right.

His half-brother, Kim Jong Un, was born to a different mistress, Ko Yong
Hui, who was politically ambitious and enthusiastic to see her son succeed
his father as leader.

But author Yoji Gomi, who wrote a book in 2012 called "My Father, Kim Jong
Il, and Me" said Kim Jong Nam thought his younger brother wasn't fit to
run the country.

CNN's Andreena Narayan, Sandi Sidhu and journalist KL Chan contributed to
this report.
parade of the democrat party has run out of gas.

Congratulations President Trump. Thank you for ending the disaster of the
Obama presidency.

ObamaCare is a total 100% failure and no lie that can be put forth by its
supporters can dispute that.

Obama jobs, the result of ObamaCare. 12-15 working hours a week at minimum
wage, no benefits and the primary revenue stream for ObamaCare. It can't
be funded with money people don't have, yet liberals lie about how great
it is.

Obama increased total debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion in the eight
years he has been in office, and sold out heterosexuals for Hollywood
queer liberal democrat donors.

With a little luck, we'll see compulsive liar Hillary Clinton in jail too.
Bryan Styble
2017-02-18 03:17:54 UTC
Inasmuch as the definition of assassination is the killing of a public figure for political reasons, there is no excuse for terming the (apparent) liquidation of Kim Jong-Nam as anything but.

Of course, I've also been arguing for years that Mark Chapman isn't a mere murderer, but rather an assassin, albeit one with a cultural rather than a political motive.

2017-02-18 03:20:03 UTC
You're wrong about Lennon that's for sure. It was a simple murder. She can't assassinate a mere celebrity. Only a political figure for political reasons. Period.
c***@aol.com
2017-02-18 05:38:41 UTC
And the argument could be made that Lennon's killing was justifiable homocide based on the awfulness of his music.
Bryan Styble
2017-02-18 07:06:25 UTC
CathyC stabbed the metaphorical hearts of Beatles--or at least Lennon--fans everywhere:

And the argument could be made that Lennon's killing was justifiable homocide based on the awfulness of his music.

Ouch!

Hey, at least that old anti-Ono gag--"Ever consider the possibility that Mark Chapman merely had poor aim?"--was witty, if also terribly cruel !

Actually, Cathy, are you really arguing that, say, "Woman", "All You Need Is Love", "Imagine", "(Just Like) Starting Over", "Power to the People", "Happy Xmas (War is Over)", "Ticket to Ride" and "I'm a Loser" aren't terrific pop tunes? To my ear, each has a fetching melody, inventive lyrics--particularly so, in the case of "Woman"--with some clever rhymes, fine instrumentation and of course are fortified by Lennon's almost-always incisive vocals. What more can one hope for from any popular music recording?

(Well, some might respond "a message", but I'm profoundly opposed to advancing political or cultural causes in lyrics*; that should be the exclusive realm of prose, for various important reasons.)

* Yeah, I realize "Imagine", "Power to the People" and "Happy Xmas" are quite political in the view of many listeners, but each tune can also be heard in an apolitical context. Or at least I'd like to think that's true, and in any case, I can't allow principle to hijack my enjoyment of songs I love, even if I resent any preaching present.
c***@aol.com
2017-02-18 16:33:38 UTC
Imagine often tops the lists of the worst songs ever written. I concur.
Bryan Styble
2017-02-18 18:45:53 UTC
CathyC continued her savage Lennon critique:

"Imagine" often tops the lists of the worst songs ever written. I concur.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, you're certainly correct that loads of people detest that song. And I too have seen those lists.

The song seems to especially annoy folks in my erstwhile profession of commercial newstalk radio. Michael Medved, who is a terrific broadcaster notwithstanding his inflexible, hidebound neoconservatism and his myopic discounting of the positive contributions of the counterculture, features "Imagine" in a forced-humor montage that ridicules the many excesses of the left.

Meanwhile, Dennis Prager--perhaps the most clueless broadcaster in history and a downright pseudo-intellectual whose often fine conservative ideas are obscured by the spectacularly clumsy program he daily hosts from Glendale, California--claims the tune epitomizes the simplemindedness of the secular left. I'd phone in to argue as a secular centrist that "Imagine" instead boasts an earnest vocal carrying a haunting melody and, by laying its naiveté on the line--"You may say I'm a dreamer..."--brilliantly embodies the very essence of its subject matter...but despite endlessly giving out the number, Prager seldom gets around to taking calls, which he almost invariably ends up ham-handedly talking over anyway.

Look, I don't like political songs much at all, Cathy. (And yeah, of course I recognize the supreme irony in a Dylanologist stating that; indeed, it's one of the reasons I consider his political period--roughly 1961-63--one of the least intriguing of the couple dozen* or so personas he's assumed since 1957.) And I sure don't like artists, recording or otherwise, attempting political or societal analysis, a realm which is best left to the pundit class**.

But I do recognize artistic genius when I see it, and in Lennon's best work--which admittedly was punctuated by loads of substandard, self-indulgent songs I seldom listen to even a second time--I sure see a lot of it.

* And counting, if he would just finally get out of his so-called Sinatra rut, er, period.
** Which, whatever their other excesses, usually at least ATTEMPT to "do their homework" (by knowing the expanse of history as well as current events) before they opine.
Jake D Jude
2017-02-25 16:22:12 UTC
Post by c***@aol.com
Imagine often tops the lists of the worst songs ever written. I concur.
That song was written to give hope to the svartzers.

They sang that every time they went rioting and looting after a Rodney
King day.