James Rowles - radio engineer & friend
Tregembo
2005-08-11 15:33:44 UTC
I just received an email that stated that a friend and co-worker of mine,
James Rowles, was shot in his home in Youngstown, Ohio. The house was then
set on fire, and he died trying to escape. If anyone has access to
Youngstown news I'd appreciate you posting any additional details.

Thanx,

Ray Arthur
nudnik
2005-08-11 16:39:05 UTC
Post by Tregembo
I just received an email that stated that a friend and co-worker of mine,
James Rowles, was shot in his home in Youngstown, Ohio. The house was then
set on fire, and he died trying to escape. If anyone has access to
Youngstown news I'd appreciate you posting any additional details.
Thanx,
Ray Arthur
not much news on this yet. this is from wfmj tv:
sorry to hear about your friend.

New informationin what investigators THOUGHT was the fire-related death of a
Youngstown man.
It's now a murder case. The body of 68 year old James Rowles was found
inside his burning home on Trusset Street early this morning.

Firemen believed Rowles died from the heat and smoke. But an autopsy tonight
shows Rowles was shot in the head. And investigators have found evidence
that the fire was intentionally set.
The Kentucky Wizard
2005-08-12 06:35:49 UTC
Post by Tregembo
I just received an email that stated that a friend and co-worker of
mine, James Rowles, was shot in his home in Youngstown, Ohio. The
house was then set on fire, and he died trying to escape. If anyone
has access to Youngstown news I'd appreciate you posting any
additional details.
Thanx,
Ray Arthur
Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, Ray. My condolences.
--
© The Wiz ®
Bob Feigel
2005-08-12 06:44:07 UTC
Post by Tregembo
I just received an email that stated that a friend and co-worker of mine,
James Rowles, was shot in his home in Youngstown, Ohio. The house was then
set on fire, and he died trying to escape. If anyone has access to
Youngstown news I'd appreciate you posting any additional details.
Thanx,
Ray Arthur
Whatever the outcome, my condolences to you, his family and other
friends. It must have been a most unpleasant shock ... it's been my
experience that getting this kind of news via email is far worse than
getting a phone call or hearing it in person. b

"It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens." - Woody Allen

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>