Paul O'Neill, 61, "Trans-Siberi-yawn Orchestra" -- NOT the MLB player
2017-04-10 03:17:46 UTC
http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/al-golin-original-pr-man-for-mcdonalds-dead-at-87/

TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA Mastermind PAUL O'NEILL Passes - "The Entire TSO Family, Past And Present, Is Heartbroken"

April 6, 2017, 3 days ago

The metal world has lost another pioneer, Trans-Siberian Orchestra co-founder and creative force Paul O’Neill. BraveWords received the shocking news via the following statement:

"The entire Trans-Siberian Orchestra family, past and present, is heartbroken to share the devastating news that Paul O’Neill has passed away from chronic illness. He was our friend and our leader -- a truly creative spirit and an altruistic soul. This is a profound and indescribable loss for us all.

We ask that you respect Paul’s family’s privacy now. We will make additional announcements shortly."

O’Neill passed away on April 5th at age 61.

Guitarist Chris Caffery, who first worked with O'Neill when he was writing and producing with Savatage before becoming part the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, has posted the following message:

"At 3:00pm today I started writing an email to a friend. I never sent it because I got so busy, but he was so happy and proud of the Metalphant stuff. He wanted me to work with TSO and some children's clothes. For 33 years he was my boss, my friend. I can't stop crying. I lost someone today that words cannot describe..."

The TSO debut album, Christmas Eve And Other Stories was released in 1996 with "Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24" as its cornerstone; the album was certified triple platinum in 2011. It also launched TSO as the touring juggernaut it is today, featuring two companies that tourNorth America every year leading into and during the Christmas holiday season.

"I've always believed that music has the power to transport and transform," O'Neill said in an interview. "The original concept of Trans-Siberian Orchestra was how to make music have the most emotional impact. We always try to write melodies that are so infectious they don't need lyrics and lyrics so poetic that they don’t need a melody, but when you combine the two together they create an alloy where the sum of the parts is greater than the whole. Once those songs are woven together into a tapestry they create a story which gives each song a third dimension."

"That was so much in the spirit of Trans-Siberian Orchestra. This is a group -- a constantly morphing group -- of extremely creative and talented individuals who are always trying to raise the bar of where a band can take its audience sonically, visually and emotionally. With that as our core ideal, the possibilities are endless."
Sarah Ehrett
2017-04-10 04:55:02 UTC
On Sun, 9 Apr 2017 20:17:46 -0700 (PDT), That Derek
Post by That Derek
http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/al-golin-original-pr-man-for-mcdonalds-dead-at-87/
TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA Mastermind PAUL O'NEILL Passes - "The Entire TSO Family, Past And Present, Is Heartbroken"
Very sad. Both Ken and I are fans of Savatage and TSO. I have
most if not all of all their CD's.
Post by That Derek
April 6, 2017, 3 days ago
[...]
---
http://www.avg.com
Michael OConnor
2017-04-10 09:32:36 UTC
My niece, when she played the violin in high school, had one of the strings guys from TSO come out to her school to give a lesson to her music class and she got to play the violin with him. I for one love their music and caught them when they came thru Greenville about five years ago. They put on a great show.
Sarah Ehrett
2017-04-15 19:51:07 UTC
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 02:32:36 -0700 (PDT), Michael OConnor
Post by Michael OConnor
My niece, when she played the violin in high school, had one of the strings guys from TSO come out to her school to give a lesson to her music class and she got to play the violin with him. I for one love their music and caught them when they came thru Greenville about five years ago. They put on a great show.
Oh wow! That is impressive!! I have yet to see a live show. I
play an acoustical guitar so I admire anyone who can play the violin.
Cheers to your niece. :) A real coup to be able to play some music
with a member of TSO.

---
http://www.avg.com

A Friend
2017-04-10 11:24:04 UTC
Post by Sarah Ehrett
On Sun, 9 Apr 2017 20:17:46 -0700 (PDT), That Derek
http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/al-golin-original-pr-man-for-mcdonalds-dead-
at-87/
TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA Mastermind PAUL O'NEILL Passes - "The Entire TSO
Family, Past And Present, Is Heartbroken"
Very sad. Both Ken and I are fans of Savatage and TSO. I have
most if not all of all their CD's.
Love them. The cheap shot re "Siberi-yawn" in the OP's header is,
frankly, pretty stupid.
Sarah Ehrett
2017-04-15 19:50:53 UTC
Post by A Friend
Post by Sarah Ehrett
On Sun, 9 Apr 2017 20:17:46 -0700 (PDT), That Derek
http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/al-golin-original-pr-man-for-mcdonalds-dead-
at-87/
TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA Mastermind PAUL O'NEILL Passes - "The Entire TSO
Family, Past And Present, Is Heartbroken"
Very sad. Both Ken and I are fans of Savatage and TSO. I have
most if not all of all their CD's.
Love them. The cheap shot re "Siberi-yawn" in the OP's header is,
frankly, pretty stupid.
I caught it as well. No accounting for taste. :))

---
http://www.avg.com