OT: Best looking actress to make only one movie
Add Reply
d***@comcast.net
2006-06-11 15:29:49 UTC
I just saw Ray Dennis Steckler's "The Thrill Killers" (aka "Maniacs are
Loose") (1965). It's a grade Z production, but has it's moments. But
there is one actress in the movie who was absolutely beautiful! Her
name is Laura Benedict. I looked her up on Imdb, & it says "The Thrill
Killers" was her only movie! It seems hard to believe someone so good
looking didn't make another movie. Plus, her acting wasn't half bad,
either. Wonder what happened to her?
TJ-BF
2006-06-11 15:44:31 UTC
x-no-archive: yes

<***@comcast.net> wrote in message

>I just saw Ray Dennis Steckler's "The Thrill Killers" (aka "Maniacs are
> Loose") (1965).

IMDb.com says it was a 1964 production.

> It's a grade Z production, but has it's moments. But
> there is one actress in the movie who was absolutely beautiful! Her
> name is Laura Benedict. I looked her up on Imdb, & it says "The Thrill
> Killers" was her only movie! It seems hard to believe someone so good
> looking didn't make another movie. Plus, her acting wasn't half bad,
> either. Wonder what happened to her?

You are just "Blinded by the Light" [of her beauty] on her acting, I'm
sure. <g>
Too bad there is no pic of her at her IMDb.com listing.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1005697
Joe F.
2006-06-11 16:06:47 UTC
***@comcast.net wrote:
> I just saw Ray Dennis Steckler's "The Thrill Killers" (aka "Maniacs are
> Loose") (1965). It's a grade Z production, but has it's moments. But
> there is one actress in the movie who was absolutely beautiful! Her
> name is Laura Benedict. I looked her up on Imdb, & it says "The Thrill
> Killers" was her only movie! It seems hard to believe someone so good
> looking didn't make another movie. Plus, her acting wasn't half bad,
> either. Wonder what happened to her?

It's truly hard to believe that such a shining star in the firmament,
who worked with such HUGE Hollywood names as Ray Dennis Steckler (Star
& Director), Titus Moede, Joseph Bardo and Erina Enyo - should just do
a Greta Garbo exit after her heart-warming performance in a film about
"homicidal maniacs on the rampage!" Especially as some of her co-stars
went on to greatness in such films as "Debbie Does Las Vegas"
(Steckler) and "The Erotic Adventures of Pinocchio" (Bardo).

What happened to Laura Benedict? Somewhere in Central Park this morning
- a woman in a floppy hat and turned up collar was seen walking a
pooch...
TJ-BF
2006-06-11 16:12:32 UTC
x-no-archive: yes

...before someone silently walked up behind her and knifed her to death.
Hyfler/Rosner
2006-06-11 21:16:03 UTC
"Joe F." <***@yahoo.ca> wrote in message

> What happened to Laura Benedict? Somewhere in Central Park
> this morning
> - a woman in a floppy hat and turned up collar was seen
> walking a
> pooch...

I sincerely doubt it. Today is the annual Puerto Rican Day
Parade. They very often close the entrances to the park.

(Yes, I know you're not serious.)
James Neibaur
2006-06-11 17:40:52 UTC
***@comcast.net 6/11/06 10:29 AM

> I just saw Ray Dennis Steckler's "The Thrill Killers" (aka "Maniacs are
> Loose") (1965). It's a grade Z production, but has it's moments. But
> there is one actress in the movie who was absolutely beautiful! Her
> name is Laura Benedict. I looked her up on Imdb, & it says "The Thrill
> Killers" was her only movie! It seems hard to believe someone so good
> looking didn't make another movie. Plus, her acting wasn't half bad,
> either. Wonder what happened to her?

A lot of Steckler's films are cast with friends or friends of friends, so
she probably wasn't an actress, per se. I know people who know some of the
other cast members of this film so I can try to find out if Laura Benedict
is still around
R H Draney
2006-06-11 17:58:06 UTC
***@comcast.net filted:

>I just saw Ray Dennis Steckler's "The Thrill Killers" (aka "Maniacs are
>Loose") (1965). It's a grade Z production, but has it's moments. But
>there is one actress in the movie who was absolutely beautiful! Her
>name is Laura Benedict. I looked her up on Imdb, & it says "The Thrill
>Killers" was her only movie! It seems hard to believe someone so good
>looking didn't make another movie. Plus, her acting wasn't half bad,
>either. Wonder what happened to her?

Steckler was a piece of work, wasn't he?...I'm always telling people about "Rat
Pfink A Boo-Boo" (the scene where Titus Moody is watering the lawn as CB Brandt
walks away; was that intentional?)....

As for actresses who made one film and then apparently vanished off the face of
the earth, I'd love to know what became of Lisa Schwedop, who had the lead in
"The Revenge of the Teenage Vixens from Outer Space"....r

--
It's the crack on the wall and the stain on the cup that gets to you
in the very end...every cat has its fall when it runs out of luck,
you're screwed...and when it's blue, it's blue.
TJ-BF
2006-06-11 19:24:04 UTC
x-no-archive: yes

Probably married the director.
r***@gmail.com
2018-09-09 21:28:37 UTC
I would love to know too. After Vixens I couldn't wait for her next film...still waiting... :(

Kent
2006-06-11 19:03:23 UTC
I'll go against the grain by giving a serious answer to the question.

Tania Mallet played Tilly Masterson in the James Bond movie "Goldfinger".
According to the IMDb, it was her only role.
http://imdb.com/name/nm0539965/

I know opinions can vary, of course, but I'd say she was pretty fine
looking.

http://jamesbond007.net/allies/Tilly.html

Here is a "where are they now" article about her from last year.

http://www.swindonshop.com/stories/taniamallet.htm

Kent
TJ-BF
2006-06-11 19:44:46 UTC
x-no-archive: yes

"Kent" <***@ixnayonthesamspay-deadoraliveinfo.com> wrote in message
> I'll go against the grain by giving a serious answer to the question.

> Tania Mallet played Tilly Masterson in the James Bond movie "Goldfinger".
> According to the IMDb, it was her only role.
> http://imdb.com/name/nm0539965/

You left out her 'Behind The Scenes with Goldfinger' (1995).
<lol>

> I know opinions can vary, of course, but I'd say she was pretty fine
> looking.

What do you mean, 'pretty fine'? Very Fine. Extremely Fine.
<maybe even Uncirculated>

I remember her scenes in driving with and separately from "James Bond."
A shame she got "knocked off" in the film by Oddjob's flying hat.
Is she really 65 now? Just the other day she was a gorgeous 23.

> http://jamesbond007.net/allies/Tilly.html
>
> Here is a "where are they now" article about her from last year.
>
> http://www.swindonshop.com/stories/taniamallet.htm

That's a keep web site, and she looks terrific for 64.

> Kent

http://imdb.com/name/nm0539965/bio
"In 1963 she was considered for the role of the lead Bond girl in From
Russia With Love (1963), but she didn't get it. However, the following year
she was cast in the next Bond film, Goldfinger (1964), playing the ill-fated
Tilly Masterson. She agreed to appear in "Goldfinger" as an experiment. She
was earning £2,000 a week as a model, and after much bargaining managed to
secure only £150 a week as her fee for the film. She claimed that she could
not afford to continue working as an actress, because she was earning more
as a model.

Tania had mixed feelings about her time on "Goldfinger." Filming was fun,
but in her personal life her long-time boyfriend had died at the same time.
She took a couple of other tiny roles in smaller films, including Michael
Winner's "Girls, Girls, Girls," but had no desire to pursue a career as an
actress."

How come "Girls, Girls, Girls" and those other films the bio mentioned
wasn't listed in her resume?

This quote from her doesn't make any sense if she appeared in other
films:

"If you're only going to make one movie in life, then why not
'Goldfinger?' "
Kent
2006-06-11 20:22:42 UTC
> She was earning £2,000 a week as a model, and after much bargaining
managed to
> secure only £150 a week as her fee for the film. She claimed that she
> could not afford to continue working as an actress, because she was
> earning more as a model.

According to this site http://eh.net/hmit/exchangerates/ , back in 1964 the
exchange rate for the pound in dollars was $2.77 ($1.84 today). That means
she was making close to $6000 ($5556) dollars a week in 1964 dollars. This
site http://www.westegg.com/inflation/infl.cgi says that, adjusted for
inflation, that amount is equal to $33,500 today. A pretty good haul for
one week.

By comparison, the value for her acting fee would be approximately $2500 per
week.
JeffinMS
2006-06-11 20:27:50 UTC
"TJ-BF" <***@att.net> wrote in message

> http://imdb.com/name/nm0539965/bio
> "In 1963 she was considered for the role of the lead Bond girl in
> From Russia With Love (1963), but she didn't get it.

She actually turned it down because as a model she was making 2000 per week
and she was offered 150 to do Bond. Here is an interview from last year.
http://www.swindonshop.com/stories/taniamallet.htm