Charles Manson dead
2017-11-20 05:34:13 UTC
According to TMZ
Louis Epstein
2017-11-20 06:10:17 UTC
Post by c***@aol.com
According to TMZ
And others,a key Google News headline.

He died the same day as Pancho Segura,Mel Tillis,and a Cardinal,
but will probably get the most headlines.

2017-11-20 06:18:10 UTC
The Fox News website is carrying it, but Drudge isn't, and none of the cable news outlets (CNN, FOX News, MSNBC) broke to cover it.
Meteorite Debris
2017-11-20 11:11:20 UTC
Post by c***@aol.com
According to TMZ
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-20/charles-manson-dead-at-83/9171388
Alan Follett
2017-11-20 18:55:40 UTC
Post by c***@aol.com
According to TMZ
The moral tone of Hell just went down a notch.
d***@gmail.com
2017-11-20 19:36:29 UTC
https://nypost.com/2017/11/20/mass-murderer-charles-manson-dead-at-83/
Michael OConnor
2017-11-20 20:09:17 UTC
It's funny that I keep seeing him referred to as a mass murderer, but he was never at the scene when the murders were committed. He just, shall we say, psychologically created the environment for his followers to justify doing the crimes. I used to know a guy who wore a Manson T shirt that had the caption "Charlie never killed anybody".
Bermuda999
2017-11-20 20:42:11 UTC
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wicked-deeds/201403/if-not-serial-killer-then-what-is-charles-manson
Charles Richmond
2017-11-20 20:47:11 UTC
Post by Michael OConnor
Post by d***@gmail.com
https://nypost.com/2017/11/20/mass-murderer-charles-manson-dead-at-83/
It's funny that I keep seeing him referred to as a mass murderer, but he was never at the scene when the murders were committed. He just, shall we say, psychologically created the environment for his followers to justify doing the crimes. I used to know a guy who wore a Manson T shirt that had the caption "Charlie never killed anybody".
Hitler also nver killed anyone (except himself and his wife) but Hitler
was a mass murderer! He ordered the deaths of millions!
numerist at aquaporin4 dot com
Larc
2017-11-20 21:24:59 UTC
On Mon, 20 Nov 2017 14:47:11 -0600, Charles Richmond <***@aquaporin4.com> wrote:

| On 11/20/2017 2:09 PM, Michael OConnor wrote:
| >> https://nypost.com/2017/11/20/mass-murderer-charles-manson-dead-at-83/
| >
| > It's funny that I keep seeing him referred to as a mass murderer, but he was never at the scene when the murders were committed. He just, shall we say, psychologically created the environment for his followers to justify doing the crimes. I used to know a guy who wore a Manson T shirt that had the caption "Charlie never killed anybody".
| >

| Hitler also nver killed anyone (except himself and his wife) but Hitler
| was a mass murderer! He ordered the deaths of millions!

Ordering deaths verbally that you are 100% certain will be carried out or mentally
ordering your finger to pull the trigger, what's the difference? It's six of one and
a half dozen of the other.

BTW, Adolf Hitler physically killed only himself (unless he did some killing as a
soldier in WW I). Eva Braun Hitler bit into a cyanide capsule.

Larc
j***@gmail.com
2017-11-20 21:47:53 UTC
Manson was a con man, no doubt, but I found him entertaining and would love to see a collection of interviews with him. Unfortunately, most of the interviews were conducted by asshole journalists who were afraid of making themselves look bad by not attacking or hounding Charlie for the answers of choice. A good interviewer may have been able to drag some the truth out of Charlie. I like the truth. People who relish in Manson's death are no different from guys like me who relish newspaper headlines of man-made and natural disasters. He may have killed. I'd guess at some point he probably did. So what? Still no proof. So I'm with you, OConnor, the dude was railroaded. Also, who are these people to say that Manson is going to hell, if there were such a place? How do they know? So they blast Manson for playing God with people's lives, yet they are doing the same thing, although with a bit less guts than Charlie had.
Michael OConnor
2017-11-20 23:43:50 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Post by Michael OConnor
Post by d***@gmail.com
[...]
Manson wasn't railroaded, he was the mastermind behind ten cold-blooded murders, he was clearly criminally insane and needed to be put away for the rest of his natural life. In addition, it's a crying shame that California was legally unable to execute him about 40 years ago and we had to put with his shenanigans in the years since. He had a talent for psychologically brainwashing his followers to carry out his orders, with the help of LSD, to do things they would have found absolutely abhorrent before they met him. He filled those kids heads full of hate and told them it was the right thing to do to kill all those people, and they believed him and followed thru with the murders without reservation.

I find his interviews and parole hearings fascinating, in the way a lot of his responses to questions give a lot of insight into how his mind works and how truly insane he is.

I don't know that I would consider Manson a mass murderer, but that he figured out how to turn ordinary, law-abiding people into mass murderers, which is something far darker and more despicable.
j***@gmail.com
2017-11-21 05:35:16 UTC

Funny how the parents those kids left for the road are never mentioned in all this. Why did they go to Manson in the first place? Sure, he gave them a place to stay. Lots of people set out young into the world, not all wind up killing people. And how do you know they would have found they things they did abhorrent before they met Charlie. You don't know that for sure. No one does.
j***@gmail.com
2017-11-21 05:38:48 UTC
Do you consider yourself an ordinary law-abiding person? If so, do you think if you had met Charlie in your younger years you'd have become his puppet? If you can't say it about yourself you can't say it about them. They were killers.
MJ Emigh
2017-11-21 12:12:28 UTC
Well, even Dennis Wilson saw that the guy was nuts after a while, and Dennis would go with anything new and exciting. I doubt that the intelligence level of Manson's followers was very high.
j***@gmail.com
2017-11-21 23:56:45 UTC
You could be right. But it's not only with Manson's followers, it's the same old story with young people who set out on their own and wind up involved in trouble - the parents come crawling out of the woodwork pretending to be shocked and dismayed without accepting any responsibility in what happens. They make it sound like Manson and other guru types invade their homes and kidnap their kids. Those kids left home for a reason. Their parents may not have been killers per se, but they surely contributed to it. I am sure Manson met many people who would not do 'his bidding'. I tend to believe that at some point Manson probably killed someone, but I can't prove it. My point in all this is that the guy just spent nearly his entire life in prison and is now dead, and no matter he he did or did not do, he paid for it and it's over. If someone wants to applaud his death, that is fine with me. But the piling on is sickening, very lynch mobbish, and frightening to some degree. I found the guy's interviews entertaining. Some folks on this group think that is sick. But entertainment is a broad area. Anything can be entertainment. So, according to these people I am nuts or evil for finding Charlie entertaining, but they are sane and innocent for laughing at his death and calling for his soul to go to hell. I don't believe in heaven or hell - who does? - but if such a place as hell did exist, who is to say for sure who winds up there? Hitler? Manson? How they hell do these people know that? Especially with Hitler. He was the leader of a country. How he is painted by the writers of history does not determine God's interpretation, if there is a God. I'll bet the people in Hollywood are happy, can't wait to make the movie of Charlie's life. I have to admit, as much as I don't care for actors, Steve Railsback did a great job in Helter Skelter years ago. He out-Mansoned Manson in that one. He did a good job. See, I give credit when it is due.
Alfalfa Bill
2017-11-20 22:07:39 UTC
Read Helter Skelter by Vince Buglioso who was the prosecutor in the Tate and LaBianca murder trials. He writes about dozens of examples where Manson's directives to his family members were intended as orders and received and acted upon as orders. He said the hardest thing for him to prove at the trial was that Manson had come to dominate the will of the others.
c***@aol.com
2017-11-20 23:01:34 UTC
You found him entertaining? Please go kill yourself.
j***@gmail.com
2017-11-21 05:32:28 UTC
Post by Alfalfa Bill
Post by Michael OConnor
Post by d***@gmail.com
https://nypost.com/2017/11/20/mass-murderer-charles-manson-dead-at-83/
It's funny that I keep seeing him referred to as a mass murderer, but he was never at the scene when the murders were committed. He just, shall we say, psychologically created the environment for his followers to justify doing the crimes. I used to know a guy who wore a Manson T shirt that had the caption "Charlie never killed anybody".
Read Helter Skelter by Vince Buglioso who was the prosecutor in the Tate and LaBianca murder trials. He writes about dozens of examples where Manson's directives to his family members were intended as orders and received and acted upon as orders. He said the hardest thing for him to prove at the trial was that Manson had come to dominate the will of the others.
Well, I can't prove this, but I believe the prosecution had an easy case and made it look tougher than it was just so they could write books about it later. They had all the proof they needed to put Manson away. On top of that, Manson was poor and would have gone to prison even without proof. Bugliosi was just another lawyer, nothing special, sort of like the Mayor of New York when the WTC towers went down. He didn't do anything special either, he just happened to be the mayor at the right time. In their own way the prosecutors and the law in general use people every bit as Manson is purported to have done. I have no admiration for the lawyers in that case, or most cases for that matter. And even if it were true that Manson had come to dominate the will of others, wouldn't you say everyone would like to have that same power in some way? I'd say so, no doubt about it. In fact, I hereby order you to agree with me. You are getting sleepy. Your eyes are tired. You will do everything I say. When you come out of my spell you will forget everything that went down.

Now get out there and KILL
d***@gmail.com
2017-11-22 00:14:34 UTC

The autopsy pictures are available online if you Google. All the jury had to say was Abigail Folger or Sharon Tate decapitated to know somebody is going to pay.
p***@gmail.com
2017-11-22 03:40:24 UTC
Neither Folger nor Tate were decapitated
j***@gmail.com
2017-11-23 04:42:24 UTC
Post by p***@gmail.com
Post by j***@gmail.com
Well, I can't prove this, but I believe the prosecution had an easy case and made it look tougher than it was just so they could write books about it later.
The autopsy pictures are available online if you Google. All the jury had to say was Abigail Folger or Sharon Tate decapitated to know somebody is going to pay.
Neither Folger nor Tate were decapitated
Whatever, they were pretty butchered up, so I get the point, never thought to challenge Darrell's post word for word. Point is, the prosecution did nothing special to deserve the acclaim they got for putting Charlie and his immediate family behind bars.

TJ

j***@gmail.com
2017-11-23 04:41:02 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Well, I can't prove this, but I believe the prosecution had an easy case and made it look tougher than it was just so they could write books about it later.
The autopsy pictures are available online if you Google. All the jury had to say was Abigail Folger or Sharon Tate decapitated to know somebody is going to pay.
Correcto. I hate when these prosecuting (and defense attorneys at times), turn one case into a book or movie to set them up for life. But I guess I can't blame them, it's the American way, maybe the human way. Bugliosi's claim to fame makes me sick, as does that of the New York mayor when the WTC went down.

TJ
d***@gmail.com
2017-11-22 00:11:37 UTC
Read Helter Skelter by Vince Buglioso who was the prosecutor in the Tate and LaBianca murder trials. He writes about dozens of examples where Manson's directives to his family members were intended as orders and received and acted upon as orders. He said the hardest thing for him to prove at the trial was that Manson had come to dominate the will of the others.

One murder rarely mentioned is that the family or member killed one of their defense attorneys while on a camping trip. I guess the defense attorney shouldn't have told the Manson family that he was headed to the woods for a camping trip. They found him and killed him. I guess the moyo was "kill all defense attorneys" or they don't count.